Chapter Nineteen

In the tense days following the chilling letter's delivery, Mrunali constantly glanced over her shoulder, braced for Akash's next menacing move. She half expected to find further venomous notes pinned to their front door or slipped into her school bag when she least expected. What deeply unsettled her was not foreboding of unknown retaliation but the glaring questions of how Akash uncovered enough of her shadowed past to piece together such incriminating allegations against her in the first place.

As far as she knew, no living soul bore knowledge of her indirect hand in vile Bianca's misfortunes that dreadful night years ago. Not even her own twin held inkling of the fateful confrontation at their school fountain with Akash's revolting posse. Only in the privacy of her encrypted diary had Mrunali secretly cataloged every victim and justification behind her stealthy crusades against those who wronged her years ago.

The alarming implication could only mean one thing - somehow Akash had gained access to her digital vault of misdeeds and sinister musings, though Mrunali guarded its password fiercely since early adolescence. Unease gnawed at her insides as she puzzled endlessly over how Akash breached this closely kept fortress that long preserved her dual identity.

The question's urgency escalated, given Akash's intimate possession of enough criminal evidence from Mrunali's tormented past to upend her world at any time. Just what exactly did that devious snake uncover during his violation of her diary's contents? And to what diabolical ends did he plan on utilizing the bombshell truth of who she really was before Rahul entered her life? The not knowing kept Mrunali taut as a bowstring, moments from unravelling entirely. She had to discover Akash's infiltrations and end them for good before she got torn asunder instead!

Late one sleepless night well past her parents' slumber, Mrunali retrieved the external drive preserving her encrypted diary from its expert hiding place. With quaking fingers, she plugged it warily into her laptop, fully expecting blaring alarms the moment she opened the password-protected file. What ominously met her stunned eyes instead felt far worse than any wailing siren...the entire buried catalogue of her questionable past sat awaiting her perusal, utterly unprotected and bare.