Chapter 11: The Pact and a New Home

The central hall of Tempest's council chamber was alive with anticipation. The tension from the recent conflicts had not yet dissipated, but there was a feeling of cautious optimism in the air. Rimuru sat at the head of the long table, his expression a mixture of confidence and contemplation as he glanced at Luminous, the Demon Lord of Ruberios, who stood opposite him. Her crimson eyes were sharp, scrutinizing every word and gesture with a measured intensity.

Rimuru decided to break the silence, speaking with a voice that carried both warmth and resolve. "Luminous, I believe we can agree that the recent misunderstandings between our nations have brought us to a crossroads. Instead of continuing down a path of conflict, I want to propose a different course — an alliance between Ruberios and Tempest."

Luminous tilted her head slightly, her expression remaining stoic. "An alliance, you say? And what exactly do you envision with such a proposal, Rimuru?"

Rimuru leaned forward, his tone steady and diplomatic. "An alliance where we both stand to gain. Think about it: Ruberios is known for its strength and influence in religious and mystical matters. Tempest is a rising nation with diverse races and immense potential. By working together, we could achieve a balance of power, trade routes, and a unified front against any common threats. Our cooperation could be a model for others to follow."

Luminous's eyes narrowed slightly, contemplating his words. "It's a tempting offer, but let's be honest, Rimuru. What do you hope to gain from this? Surely, there is more on your mind than just peace."

Rimuru chuckled, nodding. "You're right. Beyond peace, I'm thinking of a stronger position for both of our nations. We can share resources, knowledge, and even strategies to better defend ourselves against external threats. And let's not forget the benefit of having Ruberios as an ally, with its long history and powerful inhabitants."

Velriza, listening intently, added with a thoughtful nod, "Luminous, I've spent a long time in Ruberios, and I know how deeply you care for your people and your cause. This alliance could provide a way to ensure their safety and prosperity while also opening up new opportunities for growth and influence."

Luminous seemed to soften at Velriza's words, her posture relaxing just a bit. "You both make compelling points," she admitted. "However, I must caution you, Rimuru. Not everyone in Ruberios will be as open to this idea as I am. There are factions who see Tempest as a threat, especially after recent events."

Rimuru nodded understandingly. "I'm aware of that, Luminous. But I believe that if we work together, we can overcome any opposition. I have faith that we can build trust between our people, step by step."

Luminous sighed softly, finally relenting. "Very well. I will agree to this alliance, but on the condition that we maintain open and honest communication between us. I will not tolerate any deceit or betrayal."

Rimuru grinned, a look of genuine relief washing over his face. "Deal! I wouldn't have it any other way. Together, we'll make sure this alliance benefits us both."

They shook hands firmly, the weight of the agreement settling over the room like a tangible force.

A Meeting with Diablo

As the tension in the room began to ease, Velriza sensed a familiar yet unfamiliar presence nearby. Her senses were attuned to power, and this particular aura felt dark, refined, and oddly intriguing. She turned her gaze to the entrance of the hall, where a figure in an elegantly tailored dark suit appeared, his eyes gleaming with a crimson light and his lips curled into a sly smile.

"Ah, what a delightful gathering," the man spoke with a voice that carried both charm and mischief. "It seems I have arrived just in time to witness history in the making."