Chapter 17: The Invasion of Tempest

The skies above Tempest had darkened, a thick, ominous aura filling the air. The Eastern Empire's invasion had begun, and their assault was relentless. It wasn't just an army of soldiers that had descended upon Tempest — Velriza and Velgrynd, the two True Dragons, were leading the charge, their overwhelming power obliterating everything in their path.

The citizens of Tempest, once confident in their safety under Rimuru's leadership, now found themselves facing an unstoppable force. The usual defenses were crumbling as if they were nothing. Soldiers and warriors tried valiantly to fight back, but against two True Dragons, their efforts were futile.

Shion, Benimaru, and the other leaders of Tempest stood on the battlefield, their faces grim. Every strategy they had tried, every defense they had mounted, had failed. Velriza and Velgrynd were simply too powerful.

Shion swung her sword through the air, cutting down an advancing soldier from the Empire, but her eyes were fixed on the sky, where Velriza hovered, her aura burning with intensity. "Damn it... Velriza is unstoppable in this state."

Benimaru, beside her, wiped sweat from his brow, his face hardened with frustration. "We can't even get close to her. And Velgrynd is just as powerful."

"My Lady Velgriza... what happened to you?" Souei muttered, his usually calm demeanor shaken.

"They're being controlled," Shion growled. "We just have to hold out until Rimuru-sama and Veldora-sama get here. They're the only ones who can stop this."

Velriza floated above the battlefield, her eyes cold and distant, completely devoid of the warmth she once had. Her mind was trapped, dominated by Rudra's Regalia Dominion. All she could feel was the overwhelming urge to destroy, to follow the Emperor's will.

Next to her, Velgrynd's icy demeanor remained unchanged as she watched the destruction unfold below. "It's almost too easy," Velgrynd remarked, her voice calm and detached. "Tempest is crumbling before our might. Rudra's plan is unfolding perfectly."

Velriza didn't respond, but her aura flared, sending shockwaves through the battlefield. Each pulse of her power crushed the resistance below, scattering soldiers and adventurers alike.

Velgrynd glanced at her sister, a faint smile on her lips. "I must admit, seeing you fight like this is... satisfying. The power of the True Dragons is undeniable."

Meanwhile, Rimuru stood at the edge of Tempest's capital, his expression dark as he watched the chaos unfold. His heart was heavy, knowing that Velriza — once his ally and friend — was now part of the force threatening to destroy everything they had built.

"Rimuru-sama," Benimaru's voice came through the communication crystal. "We've done all we can, but we can't stop them. Velriza and Velgrynd are too strong."

Rimuru's grip tightened on the crystal, his knuckles white. "I understand, Benimaru. Hold the line. Veldora and I will handle this."

Beside him, Veldora stood, his usually carefree demeanor replaced by a look of grim determination. "I never thought I'd have to fight my sisters like this," Veldora muttered. "Especially Velriza... she's not in control of herself."

Rimuru nodded, his eyes glowing with resolve. "We have no choice. We have to stop them. And we have to save Velriza."

With that, Rimuru and Veldora took to the sky, their auras flaring as they flew toward the battlefield.

As they approached, Velgrynd was the first to notice their arrival. Her eyes narrowed as she saw her brother flying beside Rimuru. "It seems the Demon Lord and my foolish brother have finally arrived."