It should've worked!

You wake up inside a cold hospital room, with Hayley, Courtney and Mary around you crying.

"Baby! You're awake!" Hayley yells between sobs.
"Mhm." You say in response.
"Sophia. Please speak to us next time. We don't wanna loose you!"
"Ok. Can I still play? Or am I out of the squad now?" You ask.
"I think you're out for a few mental health days, then it's light training." Mary says while texting Tony to confirm.
"Ok. Thanks for being here. Where's the rest of the team?"
"They left after we came into your room."

You sit in silence. Why would your team not worry about you? Did they not care about you? You didn't know the correct answer.

"I'm going to sleep. I'm tired." You say suddenly.
"Ok. Have a good sleep hun. I think you'll be discharged tomorrow." Hayley says smiling at you.
"Thanks Hayley"

once again i wake up in the same room, with more awareness.

"It should've worked!" i rant to whoever is next to me.
"It didn't for a reason Soph. It wasn't your time yet." the unknown person says. tears trickle down my face.
i turn to the person next to me and see that it's hayley.

"that's funny. i wrote my letters and everything!" i day after a couple minutes of silence.
"that's not funny sophia. it's serious." hayley says sternly.
"ok jeez hayley. it's a joke." i say laughing.
"nothing is funny about this sophia. you almost died!"
"almost. I should've died! that was the whole plan i had set out for days! i wrote my letters for the entire team, just for them to say i'm overreacting about a small thing'! they don't understand how much i've tried for them."
"take a breath soph." hayley says calmly as i breath.
"i thought they were family." i start again. "turns out they don't even trust me and their asking why i have trust issues. asking why i don't just stay for them. i did. i have and it all became too much for me! i needed to let go. i couldn't bear burdening the anymore. i'm struggling Hayley! and they don't believe in me. they think i should get kicked off the team! they think i'm faking it. they think im okay. they say 'don't listen to the media!' but it's not that easy. i have thought all through my head all day, everyday. and i still act like i'm fine. put a smile on my face. for what? what's the point now?"
-------------------------------------------

i apologise for my absence, i've been on holiday and have been starting school recently. i will try to post on the weekends but it won't always be possible as i've got sport to do as well and homework.
- the author.

don't forget to leave a vote and comment what i should do in the next chapter!