Rogue One; A Life Series Story (Part Five)

Star Wars

Everyone

Guys this story just keeps going. 😭

Etho was thrown into a large cell with surprising force. He hadn’t expected that from the scrawny looking woman, but by now, he knew not to underestimate people. Gem had shown him that. He hadn’t expected her to stand up for him and K2 like that, but she had and now she was off to see Joel, and he was stuck in a cage with nobody but K2 to talk to. He sat down with his back to the rock wall behind him and sighed.

“I knew we couldn’t trust that blind woman.” K2 said for what seemed like the fiftieth time. “I said so, didn’t I? And that Impulse guy. Friends with an Imperial?”

“K, shut up.” Etho sighed, leaning his head back against the wall behind him. “I know. You’ve told me.”

“There’s a man in the next cell over.” K2 announced, “He shows the side effects of someone probed by a Mairan.”

“A Mairan?” Etho asked, sitting up. “You mean those living lie detectors? Joel has one?”

K2 was looking through a small barred window in their cell that opened up into the next cell over. Etho jumped to his feet and raced over, and pushed K2 out of the way, crouching down beside the window so he could see into the other cell.

As Etho looked in, his eyes landed on another man who seemed really out of it. His blue eyes were unfocused, and staring off into space, his black hair was messy and unkempt, while his scared arms wrapped around his torso, almost like he was barely holding himself together.

“Hey.” Etho said, trying to get the guy’s attention. “Hey what’s your name?”

Etho’s efforts were unsuccessful, but he tried again.

“Are you the pilot?” He asked, “Did you bring the message?”

Suddenly, there was commotion that distracted Etho from his interrogation and drew his attention to the door of his cell. There was shouting coming from the hallway, and Etho could barely make out the words.