XIII.

Beyonce 

Beyonce 

Los Angeles

March 12th, 8:00 AM

I woke up to the soft morning light filtering through the curtains, casting a gentle glow on the walls of our bedroom. The warmth of the bed was so comforting, but the day was calling. I stretched my arms above my head, feeling the pleasant crack of my muscles waking up, and slipped out of bed. I padded quietly to the bathroom, savoring the cool touch of the floor beneath my feet.

After a quick brush of my teeth and a splash of water on my face, I emerged from the bathroom, feeling refreshed and ready for the day. My eyes found Chris, who was just getting up from the bed. He looked relaxed and endearing in his morning disheveled state, his hair tousled and his eyes still half-closed.

"Good morning," he greeted me, his voice still husky with sleep.

"Morning," I replied, smiling as I walked over to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him in for a soft, affectionate peck on the lips.

But as soon as our lips touched, the kiss deepened. His arms slid around my waist, drawing me closer, and we both melted into the moment. The world outside seemed to pause as we kissed with a growing passion, losing ourselves in the intimacy of the early morning.

Our connection was electric, the kiss a beautiful reminder of our love and desire for each other. It was one of those perfect, stolen moments, but then, just as I was about to lose myself completely in him, a soft cry pierced through the air.

I pulled back reluctantly, my heart skipping a beat as I registered the sound. "Duty calls," I said, my voice tinged with both affection and a touch of responsibility.

Chris gave me a warm, understanding smile. He turned me gently around, wrapping his arms securely around my shoulders. "Let's go," he said softly, his breath warm against my neck.

We walked together, our steps in sync as we made our way to Blue Ivy's nursery. Each step was a blend of love and responsibility, a reminder of the beautiful life we were building together. The sound of her cry grew louder as we approached, but the warmth of Chris's embrace and the thought of our little girl waiting for us made every step worthwhile.

The soft glow of the nursery nightlight cast a gentle, almost magical aura around the room. Blue Ivy's tiny breaths were rhythmic and soothing, her face relaxed in slumber. I gently rocked the cradle, my fingers brushing against the delicate fabric of her blanket. Chris stood beside me, his presence a comforting anchor in the quiet stillness of the morning. His eyes met mine, and there was a glint of mischief in them.