II.

Chris

Chris

New York City

September 6th, 9:00 AM

"Chris, what the hell is wrong with you? Your career can't take another hit from this. This is the second time, you've stormed out of a damn interview!" I roll my eyes in response and ignore here, she getting mad at me for defending my character, the fuck. "How many times do I gotta tell you, I don't care Angela." "I'm not bouta sit there and let niggas disrespect me." I gritted, I heard her scoff in frustration. I don't give a fuck what the media, or anyone else, would say about me.

They always flipped shit and made me look like the bad guy anyway. Walking out of an interview wasn't going to do anything to my already shattered image. "Between this and the situation with you and Bey, I don't know if I can clean this up." 

"If you can't do what I paid for, then you shouldn't be on my payroll. I say nonchantly causing her to sigh. 

"Look Chris, I'm trying to protect you from being the laughing stock of the industry. I want to clean your image up, but you have to meet me in the middle!" She exasperated. I knew I wouldn't hear the last of it from my label if I let Angela go. I was already hanging by a thread with them as well. I rubbed a hand down my face before rolling down the window.

"Alright, what you need me to do?" I settled, putting my pride to the side and actually listening to what she has to say.

After she told me what I need to do, I headed straight to the studio. Music the only shit that calm me down forreal and keep me in the right headspace. I hopped out of the Lamborghini and walked into the unfamiliar building. Making my way up to the 22nd floor, I got off the elevator saw a girl at the front desk typing away on her laptop.

"Um excuse me, you know where studio 4 is?" I asked, before looking around briefly. This shit nice. I heard a small gasp and glanced back down at the girl. "Oh my gosh, you're Chris Brown!" She gushed. "Can I get a picture with you?" I'm not really in the mood, but anything for my fans. She came around from the desk and we took a selfie.

"Thank you so much!" She said happily as she looked at the photo. "Oh! Also, studio 4 is down that hallway to the left." She pointed. I thanked her before heading in that direction. When I walked into the studio, Nija was already at the soundboard working. "Wassup Nij!" I shouted, gaining her attention. She smiled as I hugged her and sat in the chair beside her.

"What you got for me?" 

"I think you're gonna like this one." She turned back to the soundboard and played the track for me. I bopped my head to the beat, already getting an idea in my head for it.

"You said you had a chorus in mind already?" 

She nodded, singing the piece of the chorus she had written. I was feeling it and added more to it, so that it would match with the verse I thought of. After we bounced back and forth and wrote a decent chorus, I immediately hopped in the booth to record my verse.

"All that bullshit's for the birds
You ain't nothing but a vulture
Always hoping for the worst
Waiting for me to fuck up
You'll regret the day when I find another girl, yeah
That knows just what I need, she knows just what I mean
When I tell her, "Keep it drama free"

After I finished laying down two make shift verses, Nija and I sat working on the background vocals and adlibs. 

"You know who would sound dope on this?" She asked, a mischievous grin on her face.

"Who?"

"Tyga and Kevin McCall." 

"Hear me out! You been getting a lot of bad press lately, right?" I nodded my head, "Then why not come back with a fire feature?" She suggested and I thought about it. Tyga and I got a real close bond and Kevin's worked with me before, so I don't see an issue. I had been talking with Tyga about working on a song together, but we never got around to it formal, but who knows? This collaboration could possibly fix some of that bad press surrounding me lately.

Everybody fucked with my music regardless, why not link up and make a hit?

"Aight. Ima see if they'll be down with it." I said finally agreeing. Nija clapped her hands while I pulled out my phone to text Tyga and Kevin. They responded almost immediately and asked me to send them the song, so they could listen to it.

"This shit finna be crazy." I chuckled, locking my phone, watching Nija as she continued to working on the mix on her computer.  

A/N- Thank you for reading chapter 2 of Pray You Catch Me.

Chris?

Chris storming out of his interview?