XIX.

Beyonce

Beyonce

Los Angeles

12:00 PM

I was lost in the rhythm of the studio, the soft hum of the equipment wrapping around me like a warm embrace. Jay-Z sat across the room, his focus sharp as he worked on a track. I loved these moments, the connection we forged through music, but today felt different, a strange energy lingering in the air.

Then the door swung open, and I caught sight of Chris Brown. "Hey, baby! What are you doing here?" I smiled, genuinely happy to see him.

Before I could process it, a girl rushed out of the studio, excitement bubbling over. "Oh hey, you came! Tyga just pulled up too, and we're ready for your verse!"

I frowned, glancing between them. "What is she talking about? Ready for your verse?"

Chris looked at me, his expression a mix of eagerness and nerves. "I'm featured on Pia Mia's song called 'Do It Again' alongside Tyga."

"When was this?" My heart sank slightly; I didn't remember him mentioning it.

"I actually got the call to do the song yesterday," he explained, a hint of defensiveness creeping into his tone. "I missed the phone call, but I called her back after my visit with August. And here I am."

I crossed my arms, feeling a tight knot form in my stomach. "So where is Blue Ivy?"

"She's with my mom. You gotta relax and trust me," he replied, his voice steady. "I'm going to do nothing crazy; it's just a studio session. And who knows, if it goes well, she might put me in her video."

Before I could respond, Rita Ora appeared, her energy bright and infectious. "Hey, Chris!"

"Hey!" he said, a smile breaking across his face.

"I got a song that you would be perfect for," she said, her eyes shining with excitement. "I can imagine the video for it would be so good."

Chris leaned in, intrigued. "What song is that?"

"It's called 'Body on Me.'"

The moment the title hit my ears, I felt something snap inside me. I couldn't take it anymore. I pushed past them, slamming the studio door behind me, the sound echoing off the walls.

Jay looked up, concern etched across his face. "What's wrong?"

Chris glanced between us, confusion swirling in his eyes. "Excuse me, ladies, I'll be in the studio in a minute."