XVII.

Chris

Chris

Los Angeles

March 27th, 9:00 AM

The next morning felt like a storm brewing inside me. After the argument with Beyoncé, I barely slept. I tossed and turned, replaying everything in my head, the frustration boiling beneath the surface. I couldn't shake the feeling that something was off—her constant closeness with Jay felt more than just professional.

I decided to go to the studio, hoping to confront her about it. Maybe seeing her in person would help clear the air. As I pulled into the parking lot, my heart raced with a mix of anticipation and dread. I could already feel the tension in the pit of my stomach.

Walking through the familiar halls, I searched for her. My mind was a jumble of conflicting emotions. But as I turned the corner, everything came to a screeching halt.

There was Jay, leaning down to kiss Blue Ivy on the cheek. It was a simple gesture, but the way he did it felt intimate—too intimate. My blood ran cold as jealousy twisted in my chest.

I stormed into the room, unable to hold back my anger. "What the hell is going on here?" I shouted, my voice echoing off the walls.

Beyoncé looked up, her eyes wide with surprise. "Chris! What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you," I said, trying to rein in my frustration. "But clearly, I walked into something else."

"Chris, you're overreacting!" she said, her voice sharp. "This is just Jay saying goodbye to our daughter before he heads out."

"Goodbye?" I scoffed. "It looks like a hell of a lot more than that! You've been spending so much time with him, and now this?"

"You can't just barge in here and make accusations!" she shot back, crossing her arms. "This is my work, and Jay is helping me with my album!" "Yeah, helping you, or is it more like you're getting cozy?" I barked, the anger spilling out.

"Chris, this is not what it looks like!" she protested, her voice rising slightly.

"Not what it looks like?" I echoed, disbelief flooding my tone. "You're spending all this time with Jay, and then I walk in on you two? It feels pretty clear to me!"

"Do you really think I would betray you like that?" she shot back, her eyes blazing. "This is about work, and you know how important this project is to me!"

"Important? It seems like you're getting a little too comfortable with him if you ask me!" I snapped, the anger bubbling over.