13

"So this is my surprise"

I was dumbfounded to see who it was. It was my bosses, the arañeta couple.

"Hi dear, simon asked us if we could be your parents on your wedding so sino ba naman kami para tumanggi diba"

Greggy joked while approaching atara, he is excited to walked down especially when it is his first time and Atara has been their competitive employee since scholarship until formal corporate work.

In contrast to Greggy's excitement, Irene felt neutral with it, she may not be the mother but she felt that something is wrong, but she just let is away "baka pagod lang ito"

"Tita thank you for saying yes to my request" Simon approached Irene to give her a hug.

Irene smiled faintly to signal her welcome. Both were interrupted with Sheehan's giggle "Okay picture so that it will be like meet the Mother in roar even if it is just pretending moment"

Everyone were having their own fitting except Atara, she is just sitting there examining every gown that she may possibly wore at her wedding.

"Can't choose a perfect gown?" a voice spoke behind her

"Wait let me find what i think best fits for you" Irene started looking for a good wedding dress for her.

"Oh this is nice,  your body is proportion to this kind of dress oh and also this one, you may consider choosing these two" She picked the two gowns

"Auhm, i-ito na-nalang po maam" atara nervously uttered which made Irene chuckle a bit.

"Are you nervous?"

"Opo maam, sorry po kasi hindi ko po kasi alam na ito yung surpresa ni simon at saka nakakahiya po sainyo baka po magselos si maam sheehan masi hindi po sya ang una nyong ilalakad nyo sa altar"

Irene sigh and held her hands. She may can't feel the wedding for now but Atara, being herself, is a sweet young lady who climbs every pressures and challenges she is facing. Every mother would wish to have that kind passionate daughter like her.

" tara, shake and compose yourself up,  we asked shee about this also and she is okay with the idea of it. Also, this is our way of saying thank you na din for saving my husband" Irene smiled and asked the designer to let Atara fit the gown.

"I'll go with you na in fitting the gown, simon can't see you with the gowns."

As Atara were fitting in, Irene can't help but to think her daughter if whether she looks like the present Atara. There are alot of questions she wanted to ask but she can't. Her dirty secrets must remain a secret.

"Maam, ito na lang po. Maganda po at saka po sakto yung fit sakin" She informed Irene looking at the mirror.

Irene tries to look at her in wedding gown and can't help but to tear, she's picturing her daughter on atara.

"You look lovely, my dear. Ang ganda mo"

"Bakit po?"

"Wala i just remembered someone from my past, she may probably will be also getting married kung buhay sya"

Atara just smiled. She does not want to asked more on Irene especially when she's being sentimental already.

After the fitting, they decided to spend the rest of the day to dinner that may be the bond  for the Arañeta's and Atara so that they can't have an awkward feeling on the wedding day.

"So ano gusto mo, dear?"

"Shrimp"

Greggy was supposed to asked Irene but it was misinterpretted by Atara that she is the one being asked.

Irene looked at Atara in shocked, "sorry po, pero pasali na lang din po ang shrimps. hehehe"

Everyone just laugh in unison at Atara's cuteness. She after all does not know the couple's endearment.

The dinner went well, everyone were exchanging their humours and life stories which was enjoyed by the couple, soon to be couples and the fifth wheel.

. . . . . . . . . .

A shy Atara, liked a shy young Irene.

. . . . . . . . . .

Vote and Comment.