chapter 30

At night

Anya paced around her room, still in disbelief over the day's events. She wore a simple white gown, the soft fabric flowing around her, but her mind was far from calm.

"Nakul," she muttered, shaking her head. "Handsome, charming, skilled... but seriously, he's already got two wives! And Draupadi's my close friend. I can't get in the middle of that!"She sighed, sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Besides, he's just too... nice." She wrinkled her nose. "I need someone... more dangerous. Someone like-ugh, why am I thinking of him?" She slapped her own forehead in frustration.

"That rude fox! Always acting so smug and superior. Who does he think he is?"Before she could continue her rant, she felt that familiar presence-strong, overpowering, and dangerously close.

Suddenly, a firm hand circled around her waist from behind, pulling her tightly against a solid chest. Her breath caught in her throat as she felt the unmistakable heat of someone behind her.

She tried to turn, but another hand, large and calloused, gently covered her mouth, silencing her.
The scent was familiar-masculine, woodsy, and intoxicating. Her eyes widened in recognition, and her heart began to race.

Duryodhan."Shh," his deep, gravelly voice whispered against her ear, sending a shiver down her spine. "Don't make a sound.

"Anya's mind was spinning, but instead of panicking, she found herself staring at the hand covering her mouth. It was huge, rough, and warm-practically covering her entire face.

His hand is so big... she thought, dazed.Duryodhan noticed her daze and loosened his grip, his voice soft but firm. "Are you okay?" He removed his hand from her mouth, his other arm still tightly holding her against him.

Anya turned slowly, still trying to process everything, and grabbed his hand, marveling at the size of it. "Your hand is so much bigger than mine," she mumbled absentmindedly, her voice full of wonder.

Duryodhan chuckled lowly, a sound that reverberated through his chest. He brought her even closer, his breath warm against her ear. "Rude fox, huh?" he teased. "You know, I've got something bigger than this hand."

Anya blinked, still lost in her thoughts. "What is it?" she asked, tilting her head in innocent curiosity.Duryodhan leaned down, his lips brushing against her ear as he whispered, "My brain is bigger than your tiny one."

Her eyes widened, and she stomped on his foot instinctively, her face flushing red in embarrassment. "You-! You're so rude! I can't believe you sneaked into my room!" She glared up at him, her voice sharp with frustration.

He didn't seem bothered by her outburst, and instead of letting her go, he pulled her flush against him, their bodies pressed together. His voice was dangerously low as he teased, "Oh really? I seem to recall a certain little rabbit sneaking into my room not too long ago."

Anya's cheeks turned crimson, her stammering response giving her away. "Th-That was different!"Duryodhan's hand moved from her waist to her back, stroking her hair gently as if she were a delicate thing.

She felt herself unconsciously leaning into his touch, her heart fluttering despite her annoyance. "Why are you always so touchy with me?" she asked, glaring up at him. "Do you do this with everyone?"He didn't answer immediately.

Instead, his lips brushed over her collarbone, placing a soft kiss there. Anya's breath hitched as his warm lips moved lower, pressing wet kisses down her neck. She shivered, feeling her body respond in ways she wasn't prepared for.

"You don't like it?" he murmured against her skin, his voice rough with desire. His hands were no longer just resting on her waist; they were roaming, exploring. With a slow, deliberate motion, he gathered the fabric of her white gown, rolling it up past her knees, his fingers brushing her bare skin as he did.Anya gasped softly, trying to remain composed.