Part - 26

Luna slowly opened her eyes, lost and drowsy. Luna looked around, taking in the unfamiliar surroundings. Luna was in Kevin's room. Memories of the previous night flooded back, and she recalled falling asleep here. Then she sat up, rubbing her eyes, and noticed the steaming cup of coffee on the table. Luna grasped the steaming coffee cup and scanned the room rapidly for the clock. Her eyes widened as she spotted the time 8:00 AM. Panic set in; she had only one hour before her exam. Luna swiftly rushed to her room, shedding her sleepiness. Luna hastily dressed.

Then luna's mom "Anna" called luna to have her breakfast. "No time, Mom! I'm already late!" Luna replied, her voice tinged with anxiety. Grabbing her bag, Luna sprinted out of the house. Outside the house, she spotted Kevin lying on her scooty, was holding the book in one book as he was revising. Luna started up the scooty, Kevin settling in behind her. With a glance at the ticking clock, she sped off without hesitation. No time to drop Kevin at the bus stop; they had to reach college together, and fast. Luna and kevin arrived at college simultaneously with the clock striking the exam hour. No minutes to spare; just enough time to park and rush to their seats. The exam began, and the world narrowed to pens scratching paper, minds racing, and time flying. Before they knew it, the invigilator announced, "Time's up!".

After the exam, Luna's friends decided to grab lunch together. Alya urged, "Come on, let's go!." Then Luna initially declined, but David told her, "Last time you missed lunch, don't miss this one!." Alya took Luna's hand, leading her to the restaurant. Their friends Catherine, John, Lila, encouraged luna to join, and they settled at a table. Just as Luna was about to text Kevin that she'd be late, Kevin messaged: "Having lunch with friends, you can head home, might be late for you." Then luna called her mom"Anna", "Mom, I'll be late, having lunch with friends." Her mom asked, "What about Kevin?" Luna replied, "Don't ask, okay? Bye!" and hung up.

Alya noticed Luna's brief conversation and asked, "What happened?" Luna brushed it off, "Nothing." Their friends chatted, awaiting their orders. Suddenly, Kevin's friends, including kevin, walked into the restaurant. Peter from Kevin's group knew John from luna's group, and greeting were exchanged. Alya invited Peter's friends to join their table, and soon the long table was filled with laughter and conversation. The group consisted of Kelix, Lisa, Vanessa, Joel, Shiny, Peter, Catherine, John, Lila, Alya, David, Luna, with Kevin joining unexpectedly.

Peter asked, "How did everyone do on the exam?" The responses varied, but all claimed, "I gave my best." Lila teased David, "You'll probably top the class again." David smiled humbly, said "You can be a topper too, it's not that hard. Peter inquired about David's last semester grade, and David revealed it was 9.3. However, Joel surprised them by mentioning Kevin's 9.5 grade from his previous university. Alya congratulated Kevin and asked why he transferred. Kevin explained his parents' relocation.

Shiny jokingly sparked a battle for the top between David and Kevin, saying, "Let's see who tops this semester." The atmosphere hinted at a subtle competition. Alya asked Kevin about his residence, and then kevin mentioned Bellingham. Alya's eyes lit up, "Really? I know someone who lives there too!." Then kevin asked who?.. Alya revealed, "Actually, Luna is the second topper of the semester, and she lives near Bellingham" and asked, "Kevin's been coming to college from a month, but you two never met?"

Kevin admitted, "Yes," but Luna responded, "No."