CHAPTER 47

As the first rays of the sun kissed the ground of Kashyap's ashram, Diti and Danu made their way back to their huts after completing their morning rituals. The tranquility of the ashram, a stark contrast to the turmoil that had engulfed the Daitya kingdom, offered them a much-needed respite.

As they walked through the courtyard, their eyes scanned the serene surroundings. The gentle breeze carried the sweet scent of blooming flowers, creating a peaceful atmosphere.

Suddenly, the sound of hooves thundered through the quiet morning. A grand chariot, pulled by a team of powerful horses, burst into the courtyard, its arrival a jarring disruption to the tranquil ambiance. Vakrang, his face contorted with anger, stood at the reins, his eyes filled with a mixture of fury and determination.

The sight of him, his arrival so abrupt and unexpected, caught Diti and Danu off guard. Their hearts pounded with a mixture of fear and anticipation, their minds racing to anticipate the reason for his unexpected visit.

"Son, why did you come like so ?" Diti asked.

Vakrang, his face contorted with a mixture of anger and sorrow, stepped forward, holding the ruby-studded lotus necklace in his hand. "Pralayant is dead," he informed.

Danu's heart pounded with a mixture of shock and disbelief. She closed her eyes, her body trembling with grief. The news, a crushing blow, sent a wave of despair through her. The thing she had been dreading every moment finally took place.

"Ajashakti killed him," Vakrang said, his eyes filled with a burning intensity. "He shot arrows right through his heart."

"Why ?" Danu managed to ask, her voice trembling.

Vakrang's anger flared. "It was Anugamini," he spat, his voice filled with venom. "She framed Pralayant, manipulated Ajashakti into believing he was a threat."

Danu's heart ached with a mixture of grief and despair. Her son, her beloved Pralayant, had died as a traitor, a victim of Anugamini's machinations. Tears streamed down her face, her sobs echoing through the courtyard. The weight of her loss, the weight of her son's death, was a burden too heavy to bear.

Diti's gaze, filled with a mixture of pity and fear, lingered on Danu. Her eyes then shifted to Vakrang, her heart pounding with a sense of dread. She knew Anugamini's next target was him. A wave of fear washed over Diti, a chilling realization that her sister's fate would soon be shared by her as well.

Vakrang's voice, filled anger, echoed through the courtyard. "I will not spare Anugamini now !" He declared, his eyes flashing with a fierce intensity.

Diti's heart pounded with a mixture of fear and despair. She knew Vakrang's anger, his capacity for violence. She had to stop him, to prevent him from committing a fatal mistake.

"Don't dare to do such a thing," Diti pleaded, her voice filled with a mixture of urgency and desperation. "Anugamini is Amarsri herself !"

Vakrang's eyes widened, his expression a mixture of shock and disbelief. The timid damsel, the woman he had underestimated, was in fact a celestial being, a goddess of unparalleled power.

His anger, fueled by his ignorance, turned into a burning fury. He had been played, a pawn in a game he did not understand. His rage, a consuming fire, threatened to engulf him. Vakrang's face contorted with anger, his fists clenched.

"That means she must've framed Ketunemi as well...." Vakrang muttered, "That is why she turned Ajashakti into a lovesick fool, a mere puppet dancing to her whims.... Ketunemi... Pralayant.... She broke the alliance so no conquest would occur !"

His realization, a bitter pill to swallow, fueled his anger. The thought of Anugamini's manipulation, her flawless conspiracies, was a humiliating revelation.

Diti, her heart pounding with a mixture of fear and despair, watched Vakrang with a mixture of horror and helplessness. She knew he was about to make a fatal mistake, a decision that would have dire consequences.

"Don't do anything rash," she pleaded, her voice filled with a mixture of urgency and desperation.

Vakrang, his anger blinding him to reason, turned and walked towards his chariot. His hand, clutching the ruby-studded lotus necklace, tightened, his knuckles turning white.

Diti, her eyes filled with a mixture of fear and resignation, watched him go, "Vakrang don't ! Please stop !"

Vakrang, his anger a consuming fire, mounted his chariot and rode away, the dust kicked up by his horses a testament to his haste. Diti, her heart pounding with a mixture of fear and despair, watched him go. She knew she had failed, that she was powerless to stop him.

Danu, her eyes filled with a mixture of fear and resignation, held Diti's hand, preventing her from following Vakrang. "Don't," she pleaded, her voice barely a whisper. "He is about to make his destiny true."

Diti, her eyes wide with alarm, struggled against Danu's grip. "If the slightest harm befalls her," she said, her voice filled with a mixture of fear and determination. "Ajashakti will not spare a single Daitya ! Nor any Danavas or Rakshasas !"

"We can't let that happen..." Danu's heart pounded with a mixture of fear and dread. She had already lost one son, Pralayant. The thought of losing another, of witnessing the destruction of her descendants, was a pain she couldn't bear.

------

Ajashakti, his heart filled with a mixture of anticipation and trepidation, mounted his chariot. He turned to look back at the palace, his gaze lingering on Anugamini. She stood at the threshold, her smile a beacon of hope amidst the darkness that surrounded them. She waved, a silent farewell that filled his heart with a sense of peace.

Ajashakti returned her smile, his heart filled with a mixture of love and determination.

He turned to the charioteer, his voice carrying a note of urgency. "Drive, to Rishi Kashyap's ashram." He commanded, his eyes fixed on the horizon.

The chariot, pulled by a team of powerful horses, surged forward, leaving the palace behind. Anugamini watched Ajashakti's chariot disappear into the distance, a mixture of emotions swirling within her. Her eyes, filled with a complex blend of love and determination, followed his departure.

As the dust settled, she turned and walked back into the inner quarters of the palace, her mind racing with a myriad of thoughts.

She went straight to her room, her movements deliberate and purposeful. As she lay down on her bed, her mind replayed the events of past months, the games she had played, the results that awaited them. She closed her eyes, her mind a canvas upon which the future painted its vivid hues.

Moments turned into hours.

She lay on the bed, her body motionless. The turmoil that had consumed her had subsided, a sense of peace settling over her.

Suddenly, the sound of commotion outside her room shattered the tranquility. The door burst open, revealing Vakrang, his face contorted with anger.

"Amarsri !" He yelled, his voice echoing through the room, as he stormed in.

Anugamini opened her eyes, her surprise momentarily masking the amusement that flickered within her. She watched him, a knowing smile playing on her lips. The final act of the game was unfolding, her plan reaching its culmination.

"So you have finally found me," she said, her voice carrying a note of amusement.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Ajashakti had warned Vakrang.... Ki next time he enters Antahpur will be the last time he sees daylight 🌝🔥