Chapter 5: First incarnation - Samantha

Today is a peaceful day. I wake up early to a symphony of melodious songs coming from outside. When I open my window curtains, I see that dawn has painted the sky with golden-yellow hues. The air is fragrant with the sweet scent of celestial blooms that carpet the heavenly meadows.

Beside my house, there is a serene lake. Its crystalline waters shimmer like a thousand stars, reflecting the golden spires and radiant clouds that adorn the sky. A gentle breeze causes ripples in the calm water.

On my way to work, many angels like me soar through the celestial heights, their wings creating a vibrant tapestry of colors against the azure canvas. My friends shout good mornings to me. I respond in kind.

Countless gardens are scattered throughout Heaven. The flowers bloom in a kaleidoscope of hues, their petals shining with a gentle glow. They look beautiful from the sky.

When I'm returning from work, as the golden rays of sunset bathe Heaven in a warm embrace, I stand upon the clouds and gaze out at the vast expanse. The stars twinkle like celestial diamonds, casting a soft glow upon the dwellings below.

Suddenly, everything starts to shatter. I gasp at this unbelievable scene. What is happening?!!

An unbearable pain assaults my spirit. Aaarghhhh...

Someone is crying very loudly—a child. Why does it feel like it’s right beside my ear? 
Waahh… waahh… waahh…

Huh… What the hell ?!! It’s me !!! 🤯

I’m crying like this! I was just returning from work. Then… wait, that’s not possible!

That was a dream!! And now I’m a newborn!! I then remember everything clearly.

What kind of sick joke is this?

I don’t have any ability to talk, sit, or walk. I’m completely dependent on others!! This body’s father and his mistress are the ultimate villains; they tried to kill me yesterday. So who should I depend on?

That boy? I don’t know anything about him. What’s his name, I surmise? Suddenly, someone opens the curtain of my room.

I stop crying. Oh, it’s that boy. He says in a childish voice, “Hey, are you hungry?”

Am I? I wonder. My stomach growls. Ahh, it seems so. He smirks. How mesmerizing!

Then he leaves the room. Huh, where is he going? I want him to stay. As I open my mouth, I start crying again. It seems this stupid mouth can only cry. How frustrating!

He returns quickly with a milk bottle. Oh, he went to bring my milk. Hehe, I giggle.

He patiently feeds me. After feeding me, he leaves the room again. I start to cry once more.

He returns shortly after, bringing some toys. Wow, they’re so different from my toys in Heaven, but they’re interesting.

The boy gives them to me, so I love them. I start to play with them. Then the boy tries to leave again, and I cry once more. So he has to stay with me the whole day.

For the next few days, that boy takes care of me earnestly. But I don't know anything about him—who he is, what his relationship is with this body… nothing at all.

One day, a deep male voice calls, “Xavier? Xavier?” and enters my room.

So this boy's name is Xavier. Nice name; I like it.

Xavier replies, “Yes, father?” Oh, so he's his father.

-“You should come with me to go grocery shopping. Yesterday, you accidentally fell asleep here, so you can't go shopping for the young miss in the morning. Now I'm going to the grocery store, but I don't know what kind of milk the young miss drinks or what diaper she wears.”