Chapter 19: Hidden strategist

At Alexandra's debut ceremony, everyone is amazed by my healing magic. Healing magic is a hallmark of the Solara kingdom, their unique gift that sets them apart from other kingdoms where healing magic is seldom seen. The air is thick with excitement and admiration as nobles and commoners alike witness the extraordinary magic I wield.

The crown prince of Lunaris, Alexandra's brother, means now my brother, who is known for his formidable fire magic, stands beside me. I can feel the weight of expectations resting on my shoulders.

I, as Alexandra, now possess this rare healing magic, and the whispers around me suggest that it is a perfect combination with the prince's fire abilities. Together, we symbolize hope for the future, and many believe that the next generation of our kingdoms is secured.

After the ceremony, I immerse myself in the study and practice of magic. I dedicate countless hours to know about this world's history, pouring over ancient texts and scrolls in the royal library. Everyone notices a change in me; they say that my awakening to healing magic has transformed me into a calm and collected individual.

But they don't know, I always like to read and gain more knowledge. I find solace in the pages of books, absorbing knowledge about this world's geography, inhabitants, history of humans, evolution of monsters, mysteries about magical creatures like forest spirits, politics, economics, trades etc topics.

Our kingdom, though small, enjoys a strategic geographical advantage. With the vast sea on one side and rocky mountains on the other, we are well-protected from potential invaders.

The only entryway into our kingdom is heavily fortified, and not many kingdoms dare to initiate war with us. This sense of security allows us to focus on magical studies without the constant threat of conflict looming overhead.

Despite my natural affinity for magic as an angel, I feel compelled to practice magic diligently. I attempt to harness my light magic, one of the innate abilities bestowed upon us angels. However, I grapple with the dark magic that resides within Alexandra's body, a formidable force that complicates my efforts.

Occasionally, I experiment with her dark magic, but my inherent resistance as an angel makes it challenging. I find myself caught in a web of conflicting powers, unsure of how to navigate this duality.

In truth, I possess the ability to manipulate every elemental magic because angels can draw from the magic present in the outer environment.

This gift, however, comes with its own challenges here. If others were to discover my capabilities, they might perceive me as a monster, a being too powerful and dangerous to be trusted.

For now, I decide it is best to show only my healing magic in front of others, a gift that is both revered and understood, allowing me to contribute positively to my kingdom while keeping the other aspects of my abilities hidden.

At this moment, I find myself deeply engrossed in the study of various war tactics. It’s a realm I’ve never ventured into before, but as a princess of a kingdom, I feel an undeniable responsibility to understand the intricacies of warfare.

I realize that knowledge of these strategies is essential, especially in times of conflict. For now, I must refrain from showcasing any offensive magic; I need to keep my other magics under wraps for the time being.

In the event of war, I cannot afford to be on the frontline now, so I must seek other ways to contribute to our kingdom’s defense.

My mind is sharp, and I thrive on brainstorming ideas. With each passing day, I lay down a solid foundation of strategies and concepts that could prove invaluable. Driven by my newfound passion, I begin to pester my father, and my brother, to teach me the practical aspects of warfare.

Initially, they are reluctant. War is a perilous endeavor, and the thought of their precious daughter and sister facing danger is something they cannot easily accept. Yet, my determination is unwavering, and eventually, they relent, recognizing the passion in my spirit.

We are a peaceful kingdom, one that rarely engages in conflict with others. However, our army remains ever vigilant, prepared to thwart any foreign invasion. My brother trains with the soldiers daily, and I am eager to join him. While he takes on the role of a frontline warrior, I will find my place at the back.

My contributions will extend beyond mere healing; I will take charge of arranging formations, strategizing positioning, and timing attacks and retreats. In this way, I will become their hidden strategist, a role that fills me with purpose.

Now, as I stand before a full-length mirror, I'm clad in a complete armor set, custom-made to fit my frame. The armor enhances Alexandra's ethereal beauty, transforming me into a figure of war goddess.

My mother, the queen, approaches with a silver mask, insisting that I wear it to conceal my beauty. “It will prevent the soldiers from being distracted,” she explains. I am momentarily taken aback by her words, but I understand the wisdom behind it.

My brother introduces me to our army, which is divided into two distinct groups: Mages and Warriors. The Warriors, while capable of wielding magic, primarily rely on their weapon skills.

The sword is the most commonly used weapon, but others like the saber, spear, arrow, club, and battle axe are also integral to our combat strategy.

The Mages, on the other hand, focus on their magical abilities, though they too carry a short sword and dagger for close encounters.

At first, the soldiers are skeptical of my presence and my abilities. They question whether a princess can truly contribute to their efforts. However, as the weeks pass, my strategies begin to captivate them.

I earn their respect and admiration, and soon, many of them become my staunch supporters. The chief commander of our army, Jonathan, even expresses a desire to make me his deputy. Yet, I firmly refuse his offer.

I prefer to remain in the shadows, hidden from the spotlight. Why? The answer lies in the lingering threat of that demon.

I cannot shake the feeling of uncertainty surrounding him.

He saved me once, but how can I trust a demon?!! What are his true motives??

The questions swirl in my mind, and I know that staying concealed is my best option for now.

In this world, where alliances can shift like the wind, I must tread carefully, balancing my duties as a princess with the need to protect myself from potential dangers lurking in the shadows.