Chapter 7: Danger!!!

Although Xavier forbids me to touch alcohol, I totally forget that in this kind of situation.

I want to introduce Xavier as my boyfriend! Am I nuts? He always looks after me, like my guardian angel. I never think of him as more than a close friend.

But I spill such words in front of Lily!! Tsk... I at least have to maintain my cool image.

I text Xavier to wear something casual today because he has recently dressed like a real butler all the time. I also write to him to come upstairs tonight.

I beckon a passing waiter and take a glass of cocktail to try. Umm, it's bittersweet but unique in taste. I can hold my liquor due to converting my magical power into physical resistance when I feel tipsy.

But in this world, my magic continuously endures severe restrictions. If I want to be a drunkard, I easily could.

Anyway, in this kind of party, drunk incidents are common. My friends are here, and Xavier will also come to pick me up. So without any mental burden, I start to try every alcohol available here. My friends nudge me from time to time to stop drinking. But I'm totally unrestrained today.

I don't have the courage to introduce Xavier to my friends as my boyfriend in a sober state.

Suddenly, I feel an intense headache. I try to clear my head with my magic conversion, but I detect something else apart from alcohol in my blood.

Shit, it's an aphrodisiac. What the hell !!!

How do I fall for this kind of cheap trick?! Is it Lily?!

I hurriedly text Xavier to come quickly. I have to excuse myself from this chaotic party. I don't know if Lily will try some other nasty trick.

This drug is very potent. I have to expend a significant amount of magical energy to suppress it. I can feel this world's resistance to my use of magic.

Oh no, I have no time. I must leave now. But at that moment, my close friend Evan approaches me.

-“Hey Samantha, it looks like you're leaving. Is there a problem?”

He may be my good friend, but sharing this shitty kind of vulnerability with a male friend at this age doesn’t seem like a good idea.

-“No, what problem could there be? Nothing at all. I'm just feeling a bit suffocated here, so I’m trying to go outside for some fresh air.”

-“Okay, then I'll accompany you.”

-“No, Evan, it’s fine. You enjoy yourself. I can manage.”

-“If you say so. Then take care.”

-“You too.”

I'm dying here. Please, God, save me for today. I quickly walk toward the exit, but suddenly, someone uses a strong taser on my neck.

Then everything goes dark..........

           After an unknown amount of time,

My eyes flutter open, the harsh light of the room piercing through my groggy mind. The first thing I notice is the unfamiliar ceiling, adorned with an ornate chandelier that casts eerie shadows across the walls.

Panic surges through my mind as I try to move, only to find my wrists and ankles bound tightly with leather straps. The cold leather bites into my skin, a stark reminder of my helplessness.

My heart races, pounding in my chest like a drum, each beat echoing the fear that grips me. I strain against the bindings, but they hold firm.

The bed beneath me is plush, almost too comfortable for the situation, and the soft sheets feel foreign against my skin.

I can smell the faint scent of bleach mixed with something floral, a disconcerting combination that makes my stomach churn.

My mind races as I scan the room. The walls are painted a muted beige, and the heavy curtains are drawn tight, blocking out any hint of the outside world.

A large mirror hangs on one wall, reflecting my disheveled appearance—hair tousled, eyes wide with fear, and a sheen of sweat on my forehead. I feel vulnerable, exposed, and utterly alone.

In the corner of the room, a door stands slightly ajar, and I can hear muffled sounds from beyond it—voices, perhaps, but they are too distant to make out.

My breath quickens as I strain to listen, hoping for a clue, a sign that someone may come to my aid. But all I can hear is the thudding of my own heart and the faint hum of the air conditioning.

Who kidnapped me?! Lily?! Did she give me an aphrodisiac?! But why?! Don’t tell me she plans to have me raped by someone!

Is she serious?! What a criminal mind! She’s just a college student...

The questions spiral in my mind, each one more terrifying than the last.

I take a deep breath, trying to steady myself, to think clearly. I need to find a way out, to escape this nightmare.

But first, I have to remain calm, gather my thoughts, and assess my surroundings.

With every ounce of strength I can muster, I begin to twist my wrists, my mind racing with plans and possibilities. I know it’s impossible to break free from leather straps, but if I can use my power…

This damn aphrodisiac! I’m going to go crazy!

They get me good! I'm fuming with anger. I'm angry at myself. How careless of me! I never thought mere college students could have this much malice.

Previously, I told Michael to make my incarnation devoid of gentleness. After that, somehow I've fallen into danger in the way of that lower world. Now I don't know what happened to me, or if Michael or Uriel has any idea about my condition.

But it's certain that someone harmed me. If that white light hadn't come to my rescue, I may have perished at that moment. My good luck gives me a chance at life.

I should cherish it. I should change for good. But here I am, acting as carelessly as before, just because I think I'm different from the people of this world.

Now my magic power conversion can only keep me conscious. My body feels hot, with unbearable itching everywhere. My limbs have no strength.

I can’t convert more power to energy or resistance, due to this world’s suppression.

I’m feeling hopeless. I swear that if I can avoid this danger somehow, I’ll forget everything about gentleness. The naive version of me will be erased completely; I promise it to myself.

___________________________________

Hei dear readers, some spicy scenes are coming up next!
Stay tuned 😉

💖SSS💖