Chapter 24: Marriage proposal

As the envoy exchanges pleasantries with my father, I can't shake the feeling that something crucial is about to unfold. The atmosphere is thick with anticipation, and I can see the curiosity etched on the faces of the guests.

Just as I begin to wonder if the envoy's visit is merely a formality, he clears his throat, drawing the attention of everyone in the room.

"Your Majesty," he begins, his voice smooth yet commanding, "I come bearing a proposal that may alter the course of our kingdoms." He pauses, allowing the weight of his words to settle in the air.

"The esteemed Crown prince, Robert Bruno of Aetheria has expressed a keen interest in your daughter, Princess Alexandra."

A ripple of surprise courses through the crowd, and I feel my heart skip a beat. The Crown prince of Aetheria? My mind races as I try to process the implications of such a proposal.

The envoy continues, his tone filled with pride. "Crown prince Robert is not only the eldest son of King Alaric, our justified Crown prince, but also a powerful mage. At just 25 years old, he has already attained the initial stage of four-star level in his magical abilities, making him one of the most formidable mages in the realm. He is skilled in the elements of Wind, Light, Thunder, and Fire. He is also a powerful warrior specialized in the use of the sword, spear, arrow, and dagger. A genius in warfare, politics, philosophy, literature, and the arts-including calligraphy, chess, and poetry; he possesses a remarkable breadth of knowledge and talent in all aspects. Tall, handsome, and charismatic, he stands out in any crowd. Despite being the eldest prince, he is a kind, polite, and honest individual, embodying every quality one could hope for in a man."

As he speaks, I can't help but picture the prince in my mind: a powerful mage, tall, handsome, and now, it seems, interested in me. The envoy's words paint a vivid picture of a man who commands respect and admiration.

"Since the age of 20, Crown prince Robert has received numerous proposals from the other central kingdoms and beyond, but he has remained uninterested-until now. He has heard tales of Princess Alexandra's grace and abilities, and it has sparked a desire in him to seek your hand in marriage."

The room buzzes with murmurs of astonishment and intrigue. I can feel their gazes upon me, a mixture of curiosity and expectation.

I contemplate silently. What is it about me that interests Crown prince Robert to the extent that he would send a marriage proposal directly?

My face is always concealed behind a mask or veil, and no outsider knows of my beauty. Furthermore, I am the strategist of our army, a fact that is also hidden from the outside world.

Every soldier in our ranks has sworn to keep this information secret. Of course, we can't silence everyone forever; this information could slip out.

Perhaps he has sent a spy into our kingdom, drawn by its various outstanding feats over the years. Who knows?

The idea of marrying a prince from Aetheria, a kingdom renowned for its power and authority, is both enticing and daunting.

Although I can't shake the feeling that it might be that demon. I don't actually know how his power works. I felt the resistance of the worlds, Earth and even a magical world like Miloria, whenever I tried to use my true power. I'm uncertain about his situation.

Demons are beings that always use trickery to obtain what they want; they are madly passionate about their desires. He was obsessed with me on Earth.

I don't know if he has come into this world or if he really has come, where he is now. This uncertainty makes me feel even more helpless. I can't doubt every person who shows interest in me, can I?