Chapter 26: Meeting

As we enter the palace, we are greeted by the warmth of the Aetherian royal family, their presence radiating kindness and grace. They embodies the ethereal beauty of their kingdom, each member radiating a unique charm that captivates all who meet them.

King Alaric Bruno stands as a figure of strength and wisdom. His tall, commanding presence is complemented by a regal bearing that demands respect. With hair the color of spun silver, he carries an air of authority that is softened by the warmth in his deep-set emerald eyes.

His attire is a blend of traditional Aetherian elegance and modern flair, featuring flowing robes adorned with intricate patterns that shimmer like the sky at dawn. King Alaric’s voice is rich and soothing, and he speaks with a measured cadence that reflects his thoughtful nature. He is known for his fair judgment and compassion for his people.

Queen Seraphina Bruno, his wife, is the embodiment of grace and beauty. Her long, flowing hair cascades like a waterfall of golden light, framing a face that is both serene and radiant. Her sapphire-blue gown, adorned with delicate silver embroidery, seems to capture the essence of the sky itself.

The queen’s eyes, a striking shade of azure, sparkle with kindness and intelligence. She possesses a gentle demeanor, often seen smiling warmly at those around her. Queen Seraphina is deeply involved in charitable endeavours.

Second prince Rupert Bruno, the younger son, carries the regal traits of his parents while also showcasing his individuality. With tousled dark hair that contrasts with his family’s lighter hues, he possesses a striking presence. His piercing blue eyes, reminiscent of the clear Aetherian sky, are filled with curiosity and determination.

He dresses in attire that balances tradition with a modern edge, favoring deep blues and silvers that reflect his royal lineage. Rupert is friendly and approachable. His laughter is infectious, and he has a knack for making others feel at ease.

Princess Elara Bruno, the youngest sibling, is a vibrant spirit who brings a sense of joy and playfulness to the royal family. With her long, wavy hair that shimmers like the sunlit clouds, she has a sweet smile that lights up any room.

Her attire is adorned with bright colors and whimsical designs, reflecting her youthful energy and creativity. Elara’s eyes, a soft shade of green, sparkle with mischief and curiosity. She is known for her adventurous spirit, often exploring the floating islands and engaging with the festival-goers, sharing stories and laughter. Despite her playful nature, she carries herself with an innate grace that reflects her royal upbringing.

They welcome us with open arms, and I can’t help but feel a sense of comfort in their presence.

I arrive here without a veil or mask, feeling somewhat exposed. Yet, the admiring glances from those around me are far more comforting than the scrutinizing stares I received while wearing a mask or veil at any previous gatherings.

Queen Seraphina and Princess Elara have lavished me with compliments about my beauty, which is both flattering and overwhelming.

However, I find myself puzzled by Prince Rupert's demeanor; his gaze is complex and difficult to interpret. Could there be underlying tensions regarding the future king's position?

However, Crown Prince Robert is nowhere to be seen. Princess Elara tells me that he is waiting for me on one of their terraces. After some socializing, I will be led there by his head servant.

The members of Aetherian royal family interact with their subjects during the festival. Their interactions are filled with laughter, genuine interest, and a shared love for their kingdom, creating an atmosphere of unity and celebration that resonates throughout Celestia.