Chapter 8: My light

Suddenly, I hear the sound of a door opening. I close my eyes.

Someone enters—probably two people, judging from their footsteps. They begin to speak.

- “You hit the jackpot because of me. How are you planning to repay me?” (The voice of a girl—oh God, it's Lily!)

- “What do you want? You know I’ve had my eyes on her for quite some time. Due to that incident, my reputation is greatly damaged. I hate her.

Besides, she isn’t quite beautiful, but her temperament is just like an angel, pure but arrogant. I have a thing for that contradictory type.

You’re quite spicy but vulgar, not to my taste.” (The voice of a boy—maybe Spencer, my classmate, who is a big bully!)

- “Who wants to be your type? You’re nothing but a delinquent.
Also, you’re the child of the mistress, who has no right in your family business.” (Lily)

- “Shut up, bitch. A whore like you, who spends a night with anyone just in exchange for some expensive gifts, has no need to act all high and mighty in front of me.” (Spencer)

- “How dare you…” (Lily screams)

- “Get out now, or I’ll rape you too.” (Spencer threatens)

I hear hurried footsteps and the sound of the door opening and closing.

Spencer has a notorious reputation at our college, known for his wealth and privilege that he wields like a weapon.

His bullying history is marked by a series of incidents that left many students feeling intimidated and powerless. He often targets those he perceives as weaker or different.

Evan, my close friend, was one of Spencer's frequent targets. Spencer would mock him for his academic struggles, belittle him in front of others, and even spread rumors to tarnish his reputation.

The bullying escalated to the point where Evan began to withdraw from social activities, feeling isolated and defeated.

One day, when I was bored, I decided to teach him a lesson. I stood up to Spencer, confronting him in front of a group of students. When he refused to listen, I directly hit him.

My courage inspired others to stand up against him. The tide began to turn against Spencer, who was used to being the untouchable bully.

My intervention not only helped Evan regain his confidence but also sent a message to Spencer that his reign of terror was coming to an end. As a result of this incident, Evan became my close friend instead of just a classmate.

The incident became a turning point in earning me the nickname “Wonder Girl.”

He never forgets that incident. My heart turns cold. I'm frantically trying to convert a small portion of my magic power into strength just to break free from these straps.

But the aphrodisiac is becoming more and more potent. I have to use a huge amount of power, but that isn't possible.

I bitterly consider what other options I have. Xavier should be coming soon, but how could he find me?

I'm sure this room is on the upper floor of our booked hotel. If he can't find me, he'll ask my friends about me. Of course, nobody knows where I am. They have no idea about my condition.

Only Evan can tell him that I left the party hall, but then he’ll have no clue at all. Damn…

When my friends notice my sudden absence, surely they'll try to find me, right? I can't think properly anymore.

By the way, where is Spencer? It has been a while.

Click... I hear the sound of the bathroom door opening. I shudder involuntarily.

Then I hear a chuckle. “I know you're awake, my little bird. How long are you planning to pretend to be sleepy? We have important business to attend to here.”

I open my eyes. With every bit of willpower I can muster, I tell him, “You piece of shit! When my family finds out about this, they're going to send you to jail. Your family's power is nothing compared to mine.”

- “But how can they know? I'll use a fantastic drug that makes you forget everything about this night. So you can look forward to it.”

- “My boyfriend will come to pick me up soon. If he finds out, you can kiss your manhood goodbye.”

- “Nobody knows where you are. This is the inner room of a suite. My men are staying in the outer room disguised as normal guests. They'll deter everyone.
My plan is foolproof. Hahaha…”

I'm feeling an overwhelming sense of horror. If I can't rely on outside help, then I have to solve this on my own.

Damn this aphrodisiac! If it weren't for this, I could easily break these leather straps and even all of Spencer's bones.

If only I could use my magic freely, this drug would be nothing but a joke to me.

Spencer climbs onto the bed, giving me a nasty smile.

I'm wearing a sky blue, off-shoulder party gown. That piece of trash tugged at my dress near the cleavage and started to fondle my breasts.

I struggle violently, but my hands and feet are securely bound.

Gradually, my body becomes hotter, an itch gnawing at my very bones.

I'm desperately trying to keep my mind sane, but I feel like I'm going to vomit.

I never imagined something like this would happen to me someday. My body reacts to the drug, but my mind protests vehemently. I feel darkness engulfing me bit by bit.

Suddenly, with a loud bang, the door to this room bursts open. Someone violently yanks him away from my body, and then, I hear the sound of a loud crash.

A cool hand touches my cheek. This touch doesn't feel as repulsive as before. I catch a whiff of a familiar cologne.

These small things soothe my mind greatly. I feel the darkness slowly but steadily clear away. Then I see him.

Xavier, my light, is here.