Chapter 25: The Council of Nulifliers

(30 minutes ago, at the end of the meeting)
Celestia escorted Six and Shichi out of the room on the opposite, with Soraka following her emperor. The girl made a sign of relief as Celestia asked.

"Look like you aren't used to presenting, are you Six?"
"OH, please, Celestia. Not you too."

Shichi had a brief giggle at Six, who complained about their similarities. After all, Celestia and he are siblings by blood.

"But Six."
"Huh?"

"What's about that shadowy figure that looks like an exact copy of you? You don't mention that in the meeting."
"Because she is not a Signalizer, but a Witch like me."

"Witch?" Celestia interrupted. "Six. You mean your power to temper Lifenergy?"
"Yes. Though I don't think Lifenergy is essential to the operation, considering the heroes and Nulifiers having to deal with the Constant from the Rift, I also want to deal with that Witch alone."

Shichi looked at Six with an understandable look. The young woman seemed slightly bothered upon hearing about those similar to Six. However, she could notice a look of fatigue on Six while she chatted with Shichi about some random things nonchalantly. So, she decided not to bother them for now.

For that, Six felt at ease with Shichi and Celestia around, as she didn't like the hallway or being inside where her action was restricted. That said, she, at least, didn't have to worry about survival anymore. She searched her labcoat pockets to get out two bars of chocolate and a little doll and proceeded to give out in front of the duo, to which they were glad to have it, especially the girl with her little smile after consuming.

"Click. Click."

Celestia looked back at Soraka, who expected to receive a gift. And the wait was worthwhile as the little Nome jumped with joy at receiving a gift.

"Hah. I don't forget about you, little girl."
"Another bow? Seriously Sis. She got like several hundred from oth..." Shichi looked at the joyful Nome, reconsidering what he was about to say under his sister's sudden cold gaze, daring him to continue. "Ok. Ok. I know this is the first time you met and gifted her. Apologize?"

"Apology accepted. Yet, you will have to get Six back to the company's dorm. She needs to be ready to combat the Witch she mentioned. If she is capable of what Six can," Celestia looked at Six, who nodded to assure her statement. "The Pro Heroes and Nullifiers will need this information. But Six..."

The hallway stopped at an intersection, where Celestia stopped before turning back at Six with a stern look. Her amber eyes suddenly shined with a radiant amber. And her gentle presence turned to seriousness.

"..."
"Why didn't you explain the existence of the Witch at the presentation? If that person were to get into our world, Signalizers and Constant wouldn't be our only problems, don't you know? Believing you can deal with that person won't justify you if there were any casualties in the incursion." 

Her attitude made Six notice how significant the situation was. However, she still kept her calm and caring voice. "(Sigh) This isn't the Nowhere, where sacrificing others to achieve goals is considered ordinary, Six. But..."
"I know!"

Six suddenly interrupted with a loud shout, startling all who presented, even the other people in the hall due to her echo voice, before looking down with guilt, rethinking her decision, for she knew what Celestia meant.

Isn't this what used to happen?
Isn't this how the last time ended badly? 

For all she knew about this world, they were just a fraction of what there is. It's just like in the Nowhere. Learning about a monster is a thing, but facing it head-on is another experience unreplicatable. And the loss at reckless planning...