17

Meredith resisted the urge to slam on her breaks as the ass in the black Lexus tailed her closely, sighing in relief when she saw the restaurant on the right. Ass. Whoever it was, he was an ass. And he was apparently following her. She turned sharply into the restaurant's parking lot and parked quickly, getting out of the car and slamming the door as the Lexus parked next to her.

She stared at the car, waiting for the man to get out. Because she definitely needed to yell at him. She had had a long enough day without some ass pulling this. The door opened and a familiar figure got out. "Dr. Sloan?" Meredith sputtered.

"Grey?" Sloan's grin fell into a frown of confusion.

"What are you doing here?" Meredith frowned.

"I should be asking you that," he said firmly, moving towards the door of the restaurant.

"Why should you be asking me that? I'm here all the time."

"Really?" he frowned. "I've never seen you here."

"Well I've never seen you here," she sighed. "Why are you here?"

"Working," he shrugged.

"You don't work here."

"I've worked here since I was fourteen, Grey."

"What? But you're...a surgeon. And I...I work here. There's no way you work here," she shook her head.

"And you're an intern," he shrugged. "My family owns the restaurant. I work when I can."

"Your family? No. Your family doesn't own the restaurant. Shep...the Shepherds own it."

"Yeah, the Shepherds," Mark grinned, opening the door and walking in.

The Shepherds. The Shepherd were Mark Sloan's family. Which didn't actually make any sense. At all. Different last name but apparently he was family. Mark. The brother she had never met but had kept hearing about was Mark. Which meant Mark's brother was Derek. Mark's recently divorced brother who Mark thought was perfect for her, was Derek.

"Markie!" Sophie exclaimed, running towards them and jumping into Mark's arms.

"Sophie!" Mark smiled, wrapping his arms tightly around her.

"You're working tonight?" she grinned widely.

"I am," he laughed. "The hospital finally let me go long enough to come harass my favourite little sister."

"I'll forgive you if you give me alcohol."

"Don't I always," he grinned, kissing her cheek quickly.

"I don't..." Meredith finally spoke up. "I...Mark...Mark is your brother."

"Of course Mark's my brother," Sophie sighed, her arms still firmly around him. "We told you about him. I can't believe it's taken you this long to meet."

"But that...that means Derek is...Derek's your brother," Meredith turned to Mark.

"Yeah, Shep," Mark nodded.

"Your brother..." Meredith sighed, her eyes wide. "Your brother who is divorced."

"Yep, that's Shep," Mark smiled. "So you know him."

"This is Meredith," Sophie turned to Mark. "The girl who Derek made chocolate cake for."

"One second..." Mark frowned. "She's Grey."

"Meredith Grey?" Sophie's eyes widened. "How the hell did we not figure this out?"

"I don't know the interns names," Mark shrugged. "She's Grey. She rambles out loud like Derek rambles in his head. Hence perfect for him."