42

"Are you even paying attention to me?" Derek asked, a slight tinge of annoyance to his voice as he looked over at Meredith who was still giggling over something that had happened ten minutes before.

"What?" she laughed, looking up quickly. "Oh yeah. Definitely paying attention. Water...boiling. Got it."

"I'm sure you do," he rolled his eyes.

"You have to admit," she giggled, "it was funny."

"It was," he nodded. "Ten minutes ago. Now can we get back to teaching you how to not burn down homes?"

"I've never actually burnt down a house."

"I'm sure you've come close."

"Well yeah...but it hasn't happened yet," she giggled. "And I swear I won't burn down the restaurant."

"I don't even know why I'm letting you cook here," Derek sighed.

"Me neither," she laughed. "Okay...what's next?"

"Is the water boiling?'

"Um...there are some bubbles."

"Wait till there's more bubbles," he laughed.

"You know what they should do?" she sighed, staring into her pot. "Make pre-heated boiling water. Much faster."

"Pre heated boiling water? How would they even make that?"

"I don't know," she giggled. "You're the genius chef. I'm just...I'm just a surgical intern. But you can make preheated boiling water. You'd make billions and it wouldn't take as long.'

"And I could call it Meredith Grey is too lazy to boil her own water Boiling Water."

"I'm not lazy," she shook her head. "I'm impatient."

"I don't know how you're impatient over boiling water," he sighed.

"It takes forever," she groaned. "Though...it does leave time for some fun."
:
"Fun?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Fun," she nodded, moving from her spot in front of the stove to kiss him deeply.

"Hmmm...fun," he breathed against her lips.

"All your favorite things," she murmured, her hands moving to tug on his hair as she deepened the kiss.

"I like my favourite things," he whispered, his hands moving to her waist to tug her closer to him.

"Me too," she breathed, nibbling on his bottom lip.

"Mer..." he moaned, his lips pressing hard against hers again, his tongue demanding entry into her mouth as he rubbed his growing erection against her body.

"Oh..." she gasped, pushing him against the table as her hands moved to squeeze his ass, her hips already moving against him.

"Fuck," he groaned as his hands moved to the bottom of her shirt and pushed it up, not taking it off as he moved his hands again, spreading them across her naked back before releasing her bra clasp.

She gasped as his hands made contact with her breasts, massaging them gently as her head fell back in pleasure. He trailed kisses down her neck, sucking lightly at the spot where her shoulders and neck met. "Derek...oh god..." she breathed.

He moved his hands again, pulling her shirt over her head, allowing his mouth to move further down, exploring the planes of her chest at the same time as shifting so her back was to the table instead. "Meredith..." he breathed, just near her erect nipple.

"Der..." she pleaded softly, jumping when he took the nipple into his mouth, twirling his tongue over it as she held onto the edge of the table to stabalize herself. "Derek..."