46

The first thing Derek smelled when he woke up was lavender coming from the soft blonde tendrils that covered his face. Her back was to him, and his arm was draped casually over her, their hands tightly intertwined as she still slept. He smiled and pulled her closer to him. "Mer...wake up."

"Hmmm," she groaned, snuggling into his chest as she squeezed his hand.

"Wake up," he murmured, pressing a light kiss on to her perfectly exposed neck.

"Not time yet," she mumbled.

"I'm up, that makes it time," he laughed gently.

"World doesn't revolve around you," she murmured, closing her eyes tightly.

"Yes it does," he whispered. "And you work before me...I want some time with you before you work."

"Hmmm," she sighed, turning to bury her face in his chest.

"Wake up, Mer," he sighed, pulling her closer to him.

"You're mean," she groaned, her eyes opening slowly.

"Are you suggesting you don't want some quality Derek time before your 48 hour shift?"

"Don't remind me," she whispered, pressing a kiss to his chest.

"Good morning, Mer," he whispered, bringing her face up to meet his and kissing her gently.

"Morning," she smiled against his lips, reaching up to run her fingers through his hair.

"Hmm..." he breathed. "I don't want you to go to work."

"I don't want to go to work either," she whispered, rolling on top of him.

"We should both call in sick."

"I wish I could."

"Would the Nazi kill you?"

"Twice."

"She can do that?"

"She's the Nazi."

"True," Derek sighed. "And I'm pretty sure the Nazi at the restaurant would kill me. And then Mom would show up with chicken soup."

"So we definitely can't call in," Meredith giggled, kissing him.

"That really is too bad," he laughed against her lips.

"It really is," she sighed.

"I could definitely go for you and me and this bed all day."

"We did that last week," she sighed, moving down his body to rest her head on his chest. "It was perfect."

"It was," he nodded, wrapping his arms around her.

"I'm going to miss you," she murmured.

"I'll miss you too," he sighed. "I hate your long shifts."

"I hate them too," she sighed, looking up at him. "I'd much rather be at the restaurant with the extremely hot chef."

"The extremely hot chef would much rather having you there too."

"I thought so," she smiled, moving up to kiss him again.

"Hmmm..." he sighed. "How long till you have to go?"

"I have to be in the shower in twenty," she sighed.

"Okay," he nodded.

"And you can't shower with me," she giggled. "I was late yesterday."

"But showering together is so much more fun."

"I entirely agree. I'm still not quite sure how you did that thing yesterday...it was...amazing."