56

"I'm telling you, man," Mark groaned as he set another box down, "it's a fucking trailer, you can't actually move anything else."

"Well, we have to figure something out," Derek shrugged, looking around the tiny space. "We need room for Mer's stuff."

"You should have thought about that before asking her to move in," Mark shrugged. "Why the hell didn't you move into her place? I'm assuming it's bigger since you live in a box."

"It's bigger but George and Izzie live with her. Would you want to live with George and Izzie?"

"Which ones are they?"

"The blonde one and the quiet fumbling one."

"The blonde's hot," Mark smirked. "Wouldn't live with her, but I'd fuck her."

"Of course you would," Derek rolled his eyes. "Why are we even friends?"

"You love me, Shep."

"You keep telling yourself that."

"Whatever," Mark laughed. "Shep, I get you and Grey love this trailer for whatever fucking reason, but you're going to need a house."

"I know that," Derek sighed. "We're definitely going to have to build a house here eventually."

"Yeah, living in a box forever probably isn't the best idea," Mark nodded as he went towards the fridge to grab a couple of beers.

"Probably not," Derek nodded. "But it works for now."

"I can tell," Mark smirked, looking around at the many boxes piled around the tiny trailer.

"I'm not going to start building a house when I just asked her to move in with me."

"Why the hell did you ask her to move in? I thought you two were all about the sex and mockery."

"We're definitely not about sex and mockery. We're...I love her, she loves me."

"Yeah, but it's not like you've given her a title or whatever. Which is weird for you, Shep. I applaud your efforts to finally be a man."

"We don't need a title."

"I didn't say you did. Hell, I hate the fucking titles. I don't understand why Mom and Sophie are making such a big deal about this. Have your cake and eat it too."

"I'm not having my cake and eating it too," Derek groaned. "I love her and I'm in this. We're...us and we don't need a title but this isn't about having my cake and eating it too."

"Yeah, well, most normal people don't go...how long have you two been at this now? A few months?"

"A year," Derek grinned.

"Really?" Mark ran his hand over his face. "Doesn't seem that long."

"It's been that long."

"You've managed to make this last a year? I'm impressed."

"Why are you impresssed?"

"Remember that chick in high school? Anna? Or was it Abbie? You know the one I'm talking about. I dated her for a while."

"Anna. And what does that have to do with Meredith and me?"

"Anna. Right. We started off as fucking and after a month she was on my ass about defining us and shit. You managed to go a whole year without a chick being on your ass. Definitely impressed."

"I honestly have no idea why she hasn't asked for something more. She's happy, I know that but still..."

"What the hell would you even tell her?" Mark asked. "You introduce her as Meredith to people. Not as your girlfriend. Not as the girl giving you orgasms every night. Just Meredith. I say forget the title and let it go until she's on your ass about it."