SOCIAL GUISE

mid-february, 1815

mid-february, 1815

the new social season had arrived, much to the driftwater girls' dread

the new social season had arrived, much to the driftwater girls' dread. as the family of three rode their carriage to the very first gaming hall of the season, which was in honour of her majesty, they mentally groaned at the thought of socialising with the ton once again - something that they didn't have an obligation to do during the colder months.

alison and edith both resented the fact they must find a husband someday soon, but for entirely different reasons. edith was excited to branch, fulfill her duty, and find love at the start of last season; but, upon her realisation that she wanted a different kind of love after all, she found that she wanted to do everything except marry a man. alison, on the other hand, didn't wish to marry full stop. she knew that most men would be after her just for her money and the title of earl, which she heavily resented. the only man that the countess could tolerate long enough seemed to be benedict bridgerton.

though, edith was still more accepting somehow of her marital prospects.

"mama, it is not nearly as warm as you think." edith chuckles at dianna, as the older woman tremendously over-fans herself.

"i am always too warm these days." the dowager groans, but pauses fanning herself upon noticing alison staring out of the window at a certain bridgerton; who just happens to be leaving his own carriage and walking into the gaming hall with his family. "alison, do not stare. it is improper."

"i am not staring, mama." alison replies... continuing to stare, as the carriage comes to a stop.

over the course of the late summer and a majority of the winter the bridgertons, and many of the ton alike, would retreat to their county estates. so, between alison busying herself with accounts and benedict doing the same (due to anthony being on his honeymoon), the pair hadn't seen each other the entirety of the bridgerton's first week back at mayfair.

but right now, as alison was gazing out of her carriage window once it came to a halt outside the venue, she was more excited than ever to spend this upcoming season with her best friend once more. and so, her poetry journal in hand, she stepped out amongst her mother and sister.