WRECKAGE OF THE MIND

it is early sunday at bridgerton house

it is early sunday at bridgerton house. and considering that edith and penelope would usually show up to sunday teas, alison decided to keep the tradition as familiar as she could now that they didn't. not just for eloise, but for benedict too, as it was strange for him to not be in his studio painting away with alison beside him. so, she offered him the normality of at least having her there for an early tea with his family.

alison, benedict, and hyacinth all sit at the same table and watch as gregory makes a failed attempt at using his fork to pick up his food from beside them. in a moment of defeat, he sighs and rolls his eyes.

"was it worth the glimpse of the balloon? hm?" benedict leans forward and teases his youngest brother.

"i fell off the roof before i could even see it." gregory replies, in slight annoyance.

"aw." the second eldest bridgerton leans forward and lightly taps his brother's sling, singalling an 'ouch' from gregory on account of his broken arm - which makes hyacinth laugh.

"ben, don't hit his arm like that!" alison complains, swatting his hand away.

"tell me one more time what precisely the queen said to you, dearest." violet says aloud, walking over to francesca and sitting beside her on the other end of the room.

"again, mama?" francesca gives her mother a look.

"she was splendid. she sparkled. brava." eloise quotes, more sarcastically than not.

"i ask because it is important." violet expresses, as hyacinth gets up from her seat and makes her way over. "if the queen has truly granted francesca her favor, she shall have her pick of suitors. it changes everything."

"francesca, you are welcome to my suitors." alison jokes. "not that i see them as such, but if you are to take them off my hands i would be eternally grateful." this makes francesca chuckle, as hyacinth frowns slightly.

"is it truly that bothersome to have lots of men trying to court you?"

"yes." alison and eloise both answer, in perfect sync.

"who shall you dance with first, sister?" hyacinth turns the conversation back to francesca.

"perhaps i shall go alphapetically."

"or, you do not have to at all." alison tells francesca. "if it is stressing you out, simply do not do it." she shrugs.

"i appreciate it, alison." francesca sends a smile her way. "but, the queen has chosen me as her diamond and i do not have the intention of letting her down." at this, alison nods in understanding.