TIL' MY LAST DYING BREATH

many of the ton had already taken their leave from aubrey hall, bidding the bridgerton's a 'fairwell' before departing from the scene

many of the ton had already taken their leave from aubrey hall, bidding the bridgerton's a 'fairwell' before departing from the scene. all that was left were the bridgertons, driftwaters, sharmas and featheringtons.

the sharmas, alongside lady danbury, slowly trailed down aubrey hall's front steps on the way to their carriage - the bridgertons and driftwaters watching as they did so, all huddled together as if in union. penelope featherington, on the other hand, waited patiently for her family outside of their carriage.

"i take it that he's not doing it, then?" alison turns to look up at benedict, as she's stood between him and edith.

"i wouldn't know." he crosses his arms. "he's not told me a thing."

"predictable." eloise huffs, linking arms with edith.

"wait." anthony calls out, quickly making his way down the steps and towards the sharma sisters - oddly so, kate seemed to have a more hopeful look spared for the viscount as edwina's gaze was cast to the floor.

"my lord?" edwina looks up, after anthony said something to her (which was entirely muffled for the rest of the group) and walks past kate and straight to her sister.

it was so quick that edith felt she could've missed it. anthony bridgerton had gotten on his knees to propose to edwina sharma, and edith driftwater felt sick to her stomach. she clutched eloise's arm tighter, which her friend assumed was out of pure shock and happiness rather than fear and the sudden urge to vomit.

"miss edwina sharma." anthony began, speaking louder."will you marry me?"

edwina looks at kate in shock, before her immediate reply. "yes." she speaks soft and quiet, gradually getting louder and more excited. "yes! yes! i shall be your viscountess. i shall marry you." the girl chuckles and discards her glove, handing it to her sister.

edith exhales, trying to steady her breathing as quietly as she can manage. alison turns her head to edith in concern, the poor girl looks as though she could burst into tears.

the older driftwater places a subtle and supportive hand on her sister's shoulder. but this wasn't enough for alison as she was so deep in empathy that it didn't help at all when edith didn't respond to her touch, as they were in public and it would be considered very odd for them to embrace eachother amongst everyone with 'nothing to be sad about'. to relive the screaming urge she felt for her sister, she impulsively squeezes benedict's hand from beside her. the man looks down at their hands and then alison in confusion, to which she only shakes her head.