LAST FIRST KISS

it is only a few days later, and the bridgerton's scandal has kept them indoors for a short while

it is only a few days later, and the bridgerton's scandal has kept them indoors for a short while. but today, lady bridgerton thinks it wise for the family to promenade and impose a united front. it just so happens that the driftwater women are also promenading in that same hour.

alison watches as penelope walks away from the family and goes back to her own, as well as how cressida and her mother give them all a judging stare - she notices how benedict laughs to himself at the action, and so she drags her family over to the bridgertons to show her support.

"good day." the countess smiles, approaching the family. "might we join you?"

"we'd be delighted." violet chuckles, and dianna walks beside the woman, similar to eloise and edith, and alison and benedict.

"so, how's social ruin treating you?" alison jokes, linking arms with her best friend.

"well, now that you've come to my rescue i'd say very well." he teases her, making her laugh in reply.

the countess turns to the viscount, offering him a kind smile. "and how are you, anthony?"

"rather okay, given the circumstances." he smiles back.

"i, for one, am rather impressed that you've made it outside today." dianna compliments.

"it is, after all, a splendid day for a promenade. is it not?" violet says.

"indeed." her friend agrees.

"though, i must admit that social ruin is taking a significant amount of time out if my studies." benedict aims towards anthony.

"oh, poor you." alison pouts jokingly.

benedict chuckles in response. "oh hush, you old maid."

"oi!" she shoves him playfully. "says you, old man!" alison throws back at him. "how old are you now, anyway? far too old to still be a bachelor i reckon."

"i'll have you know, i am only eight and twenty, thank you! and you are three and twenty and an unmarried countess." he fires back.

"yes, well, i'm younger and have plenty of time. you, on the other hand, are so old you could pass on any day now." she smirks at him.

"should we break them up?" violet whispers to edith.

"please, no. i'm rather enjoying this." eloise answers.

"i will have you know, i'm in my prime!" benedict scoffs. "i have plenty of time. besides, even though i'm older you'll still be alone for a long while.

"at least, in my lonesome i'd be free of you!"

"don't lie to yourself. you love my company. who else would you spend all of your time with?"