Sophia and Jia

"Where to now?" The Brit chap looked up at the rear-view mirror with an expectant smile.

"Food Court please." said Jia. 

"Alright then, girls." The driver rested his hands on the wheel and released the breaks. The buggy drove soundlessly across the stadium in a steady motion, before picking up speed.

"I'm done!" Jia slammed her back against the cushion with an emphatic sigh. "Easily the most stressful day of my life!"

"True that." Luna rested her head against the headrest and closed her eyes. She hadn't yet fully recovered from her migraines, but Jia was there. Right beside her. She'd finally got back her best friend. And that's all that mattered.

"Hey, which restaurant were we supposed to meet them at?"

"Um....some American....wait I'll check." Jia took out her phone and opened HillChat.

"AmCu." she said, tapping on the route map that Michael had texted her. She moved her fingers over the screen, trying to figure out the exact location. A few minutes later, she tossed her phone to Luna.

"I'm just too tired-can't make head or tail out of that." admitted Jia. "You try."

Luna tossed the phone back with a lazy smile. "Nah, I'll be even worse."

On seeing Jia's silent frown, Luna leaned forward. "Bro, do you know where AmCu restaurant is?" 

The young chap beamed. "Sure, lassie! Is that where you wanna go?" 

"Yep." answered Luna.

"The restaurant's in a bit of a nook, so......I'll try to get you as close as possible."

Luna agreed with a nod. Exhausted, the two leaned against each other, eager to get some rest; before whatever 10-D had in store for them.

A few minutes, the sound of a loud horn cut through the girls' half-dreams.

"We're here!" blazoned the driver.

The two got out and stretched their arms. 

"How much?" asked Jia.

"Five'll do." 

Jia fished out five one-dollar coins from her pocket. "Here you go."

The driver nodded his cap with a smile. "Pleasure serving you. Again!"

The buggy had dropped them near a water feature, right at the heart of the Food Court. Jia was about to ask a cleaner where to find AmCu when Luna grabbed her arm in a fit of impulse. 

"There it is!' she said, pointing at a large board about twenty feet away from them.

"What are we waiting for?" asked Jia. "Let's-"

Jia stopped on feeling a tap on a shoulder. So did Luna. With a delighted gasp, they turned around to see Sophia standing there, right in front of them!

As soon as she saw Luna, Sophia leapt at her, hugging her as tight as she could. Tears that she had held back for so long coursed down her cheeks, and onto the soft denim on Luna's shoulder. Luna, although surprised, held Sophia close to herself, feeling both relieved and ecstatic.

"I thought-I thought..." began Sophia, swallowing hard between moist breaths. Her trembling fingers dug into Luna's jacket, overwhelmed by the sight of her best friend. 

She-she's here.....And she's alive!

Despite the staggering lump in her throat, Sophia managed a whisper into Luna's neck. "You're a sight for sore eyes, Luna." 

Luna's glance fell on Jia, who rubbed a stray tear from her eye.

"Hey, I'm fine. " She rubbed her back in a gentle motion, gradually bringing Sophia to grasps with her emotions.

Sophia pulled back at last, still gripping firmly at Luna's arms. Her eyes continued to overflow with relieved tears as she joked weakly, "You gave me a heart attack!"

Luna let out a laugh before pulling Sophia closer. Sophia looked up at her. Her eyes caught the glow of the midday sun that hung above the stadium, and shone like brown diamonds.

"I heard someone's started a revolution..." Luna trailed off before giving Sophia a sudden tickle under her chin.

Sophia pulled away, rubbing the last of her tears with a laugh. "It's more a collaboration sorta thing. For the two of you." 

Before Luna could comment, Jia stepped in between the two. 

"Sophia, I know I haven't been...."She stole a glance at Luna, who instantly came and stood beside her. With a reassured sigh, she recollected herself. Luna had said that when it came to 'touchy-feely stuff', Sophia was 'as down to earth as you could get'."

All I have to do is speak from the heart. 

The last couple of months, I know I've been awful to you. And I realised today, that, my actions weren't justified. I'm really sorry." 

She paused on seeing Sophia's expression soften. 

"I know you'll probably need time to look things over and-and reassess everything. But, if you're willing.....can we be friends?"

Sophia turned her focus to Luna, prompting Jia to do the same. Luna instantly took a step back, leaving the two on their own. In a crowded, noisy Food Court. But still, it was their moment

Luna had done everything she could to bring her two friends together. Luna felt that there was nothing more for her to do. This was Jia's and Sophia's moment.

"Of course!" said Sophia at last, beaming from ear to ear. Jia mirrored her radiant smile and the two girls hugged each other warmly.

Sophia turned to Luna, wiping away trickles of tears. "Come on, everything's ready."

"Great" said Luna.

"Oh wait, I almost forgot." she said, stopping Luna and Jia in their tracks.

"What is it?" asked Luna.

"Umm.....Jia, how about you go ahead to the cafe and me and Luna will follow along."

"But why?" asked Jia.

Without a word, Sophia tugged Luna closer, whispering a few phrases into her ear.

Luna's face lit up with excitement as she continued to hear, her hand involuntarily rising to cover her open mouth.

 When Sophia had finished, Luna pushed a confused Jia towards the cafe. "You should've been here like yesterday!"

"Okay." said a doubtful Jia, taking reluctant steps towards AmCu. She looked behind her shoulder at the two excited faces.

What are they up to now?