An Unmatchable Ending

"Thanks for getting Jia there." said Luna, flashing her Luna twinkle.

"I'm glad you're okay." Sophia let out a relieved smile as Luna put an arm around her. "Seriously, I thought you-you-"

"I'm fine now, aren't I?" said Luna, patting her back with a laugh. Sophia let out a hesitant smile and the two sat themselves down at a nearby bench.

 "And what you all did for Jia; she'll never forget it."

Sophia let out a light-hearted laugh at last. "I hope so."

As the two continued to chat by the fountain, two girls-one with glasses and one without- approached them. Sophia instantly broke into a warm smile. They seemed to be not more than eight years old, she thought.

"Excuse me," Her squeaky voice went perfectly with her black eyes, gleaming through-way too big for her-glasses. "Aren't you Ethan's sister?"

"Yeah." Sophia smiled and leaned towards the young girls. "What can I do for you?"

"I've seen you around our class."

The other girl held out a bar of chocolate, tightly wrapped in cling film. Luna recognised it as the same lemon chocolate that 'Sophia' had slipped them in the closet. 

"Can you open this for us, please?"

"Sure." She took the bar from the little girl and with Luna's help, opened it and handed it to the girls.

"Thanks." The girls gave Sophia one last smile before running off in the opposite direction to join the rest of their class.

"By the by, how did you get us the lemon chocolate?" asked Luna, casting a knowing glance on her.

"That wasn't me." she answered. "That was-"

A loud shriek interrupted Sophia. It was Jia!

The two ran towards AmCu to find their entire class-plus some students from 11-A-crowded in and around the restaurant. 

The two skidded to a stop, a few feet behind Jia; who was herself frozen in shock. 

In front of Jia were two lines of boys from 11-A-Luna and Sophia recognised them from the combined P.E class a couple of weeks back-and standing at the end of the lines was none other than Sophia's brother; Jake.

Jake slipped Sophia a fleeting smile before refixing his glance on Jia. 

This was it.

A slow breath escaped his lips.

It's now or never. 

Jake could swear-not that his parents would let him-that never before had he felt pressure like this. Being a seasoned footballer, he was used to stress. But nothing like this. 

Contrasting his sister, Jake was daring-or as bold as the siblings' parents would let him be- but now, he felt exposed. He was putting himself out there-what if all he got was a 'No'?

This was all he knew; from the moment he chanced upon Jia at the basketball court that day, he knew she was his.

But when the glass came crashing down at the concert that day, so had his hopes. Never had he imagined that he would get a second chance with Jia. Not after the best thing in her life had been.....done. Ended. Chapter closed.

But the chapter hadn't yet closed to Sophia, though. Even if it seemed that way to everyone else. 

That is Sophia Mayes for you.

"Look, I know things didn't work out last Saturday, .....but if you're willing," Time seemed to stand still as expectant smiles lit up the room, in breathless anticipation for the big question.