Ground floor, Third Hallway

"It's quiet now." whispered Amanda to the rest of her group. Since the Smarties, CPs and Aliens were getting the celebrations underway at the Food Court, only the Chatter Squad and the Dozers remained at the utility building.

"Except for the sound of those two munching on the lemon chocolate that Darcy slipped in." said Sammy, giving his tummy a pat. "When can I tuck into some hotpot, Michael?"

"Soon." Michael answered, getting up from his crouch after nearly a half hour. "I better check in with Sophia to see if everything's ready at AmCu." 

The Chatter Squad was right. After almost two hours of exchanging blows and hearts, Luna and Jia agreed that they did need the time apart. And the soul crushing emotions to weigh them down. Because, it was only their time apart, that made them realise that when it came down to the true essence of who they were, they weren't all that different. They're both firey, both smart and most importantly, both loyal to the point of death. 

In a way, even though they're two, their souls reflect just one past. Two reflections of a common past.

Jia and Luna were lost deep in thought as they sat on the concrete, their backs leaning against the other's. 

Watching the scattered patches of chocolate melt on her fingertips, Luna began. "I'm sorry too." 

"Why?" asked Jia. "This is all my-"

"No-I mean, not entirely."

Jia shrugged, fixing her gaze at a mould on the ceiling. "I don't get it."

Licking her fingers between words, Luna continued. "Past trauma is hard to get over-we both clearly know that better than anyone, yeah?"

Jia nodded at the mould.

"I should've have known that you were still sensitive about what Avery did, i should've listened to you; instead of forcing Soph on you....." She trailed off and to Jia's surprise, stood up. 

Luna held her hand out and brought Jia to her feet. "I want to say, that....I'm sorry."

For Jia, this was it. No longer did she doubt her friendship with Luna. For the last couple of months, this was all she wanted from Luna....empathy.

With a beaming smile, Jia leaned in, her arms outstretched. Holding Luna close to herself, she murmured, "Thank you."

                                                  ********************************

When Sophia hung up, Michael returned, only to be welcomed by the rhythm of their lives; three distinct taps. At the top of the door!

"It's them!" beamed Darcy, turning to Michael. "They're probably ready to come out now!"

"What are you waiting for?" he asked, pushing his way through the Dozers' human fence.

"That burly security dude gave you the spare card, remember?" said Nick, slipping a hand down his pocket.

"Oh right." Michael tossed his phone to Sammy as he fumbled through his pockets. On finding the card, he tapped it against the sensor. 

The door creaked open as Jia pushed it open. Instinctively, everyone took a step back, uncertain of what to expect after two of the deadliest hours of their lives-Luna and Jia included.

As the two friends stepped into the first rays of the afternoon sun, all eyes fixated on Luna, lost for words as Luna blinked feverishly, adjusting her eyes to the sunlight.

Within a few murmurs, the Dozers dissolved their fence and leaned in behind the Chatter Squad-no 'social distancing'.

The Chatter Squad had heard Luna talking through the door, but even for them, the sight of her unharmed-except for her bandaged arm-was all too much to take in at once.