Chapter- 21

Serena's POV,

Flashback after Serena ran away from the group,

Months passed, and I slipped further into darkness. The once-bright fire inside me to perform had long died out. Yet Palermo kept sending me to different cities across Kalos, forcing me to perform to earn money. I wasn't her protégé-I was her servant. She made me do everything: cooking, cleaning, sweeping, laundry... Sometimes, she wouldn't even offer me food, so I'd spend what little I had to feed my Pokémon, at least.

Training? She left me to handle that alone, as if my dreams and efforts were hers to exploit but not nurture. And Calem... whenever he found the chance, he'd try to touch me. I remember one night vividly when he tried to force a kiss on me, and I slapped him. Rage twisted his face as he stormed out of the room, cursing me. But I'd never let him or anyone else hurt me or my Pokémon, no matter the cost.

Since that night, his advances turned into something far uglier. Whenever I resisted, he'd abuse me, each incident stripping away more of my strength. My only comfort was a small doll I made of Ash. Every night, I held it close, as though he could light a way out of this darkness. But Palermo knew exactly how to trap me. She threatened to empty my bank account and strip me of my title as Kalos Queen if I disobeyed. She even said she'd ruin my mother's career. First Ash, now my mom... there was no escape. So, I obeyed her every command, a free servant in my own nightmare.

Meanwhile, With Professor Sycamore's help, and some assistance from Sampei in the Ninja Village, Clemont broadcasted across the entire Kalos region, clearing Ash's name. The rumors finally stopped. And when Clemont learned about what Palermo and Calem were doing to me, he quietly helped me open a private bank account that no one could tamper with and secured all my money there. He even spoke with Professor Sycamore to employ my mom as his personal assistant in his lab. For a brief moment, I felt hope. But then, one night...

Calem burst into my room, his face twisted with some terrible urgency.

"Serena, I can't resist anymore!" he growled as he lunged forward, his hands gripping my shoulders painfully.

I struggled, pushing him off with all my strength. "What are you doing?" I yelled, breathless with fear and anger.

"Oh, come on, Serena," he sneered, his voice dripping with mockery. "I'm just having some fun. Now let me." He shoved me onto the bed, pinning my wrists down. I fought back, managing to break free, and slapped him hard across the face.

"You monster!" I cried, my voice shaking.

The slap seemed to ignite something feral in him. "You little bitch," he spat, his face contorting with rage before he kicked me hard in the stomach. Pain shot through me like fire. I gasped, doubling over, unable to fight back.

The anger in his eyes was terrifying. Before I could react, he punched me in my left eye. Blinding pain spread across my face, and I felt something warm and wet trickling down my cheek-blood. My vision blurred, and the throbbing in my eyebrow told me he'd split the skin.

Grabbing a handful of my hair with one hand and clutching my neck with the other, he leaned in close, his voice like ice. "Did you just try to fight back?"

I gasped, struggling against his iron grip. The pressure on my throat left me barely able to breathe, and pain radiated from my scalp as he yanked my hair harder. My left eye was swollen shut, my right eye swimming with tears.

A smirk crept onto his face as he tossed me across the room. I landed hard on my left shoulder, a scream escaping me as I felt the joint dislocate. I could barely move, the pain reaching unbearable heights.