Chapter 38- James

We weren't allowed to go in and see her yet, the doctor said that she needed to have some more exams done, so we waited outside. Alex and the doctors tried contacting her mother but she did not answer, her father was somewhere with the police, probably going to rehab or something.

"It's all my fault."

I said for the hundredth time today crying silently.

Alex rubbed my back, suddenly I was taken back to the time my brother went into a coma because of cancer, he didn't make it out alive, he died. I hate being in hospitals but here I am, again, holding on by a thread. The only person who gave my life a purpose again is hanging in between life and death.

"I don't want to lose her the same way I lost my brother, Alex, I can't, I can't." This time I felt like my chest was closing up, my breathing playing tricks on me.

We were waiting outside Christian's hospital room, we weren't allowed in anymore. He has been in a coma for three days now. My mom, Dad, and I were in his room talking when suddenly the machine started beeping and all kinds of white-coated doctors came in rushing.

"What is happening? said Mom worried sick, my dad looked at the machine and froze. "This can't be happening right?" He asked shaking my brother.

"Get them out. NOW." One of the doctors said.

My mother was crying, and my father trying to get ahold of one of the doctors while I sat there clueless.

A couple of minutes later, the same doctor came back "I'm sorry, we did everything we could, Christian died."

And it all became chaos.

My mom fainted.

My dad caught her before she hit the floor and cried.

I sat down,

My brother died.

Christian died.

He was only seventeen.

"She is not going to die, Alex, what happened to Christian was caused by the disease. The doctor told us that Celestia will be fine." He tried reassuring me.

That's what doctors always say.

"I love her Alex," I said hugging him. I think I caught him by surprise, but he hugged me back.

"If you love her why did you lie?" Sofia asked angrily.

"I did not."

"And you knew." She hit Alex.

"It's not what you think!" Alex said.

"Sof, calm down, let them explain, this is hard for everyone here, sit down," Ash said holding Sofia's arm

"How can I sit-" She started again but Ash looked at her and said "Sit.down." firmly.

"There was this bet going on about Celestia, who's going to be able to get in her pants faster, I always liked her so I decided to tell them that I was going to make her fall for me, so no one of the other guys would try anything with her, they all bet about it. But then I got to know her, and I fell for her, I sent a message telling them that the Bet is off, and no one ever talks about Celestia anymore, but Reggina saved the first message that dates like months ago almost a year." I sighed when I stopped talking.

"ok," Sofia came and sat next to me, holding my arm and laying on my shoulder as Ash sat next to her.

"She's going to make it." She said rubbing my back.

"What if she doesn't" Before anyone got to answer me the doctor told us that we could go see her.

When I was on my way, they gave me a plastic bag "This is all of her stuff, We had to take everything off her wrists, neck, and hair."

"Thank you."

I sat in her room next to her, she was pale, attached to all kinds of machines, just like my brother was.

"Hi, baby. I miss you" I held her hand and kissed it.

We all sat there in silence looking at her sleeping body, she was always a bulb of light, always smiling but now, she looked lifeless.

"Visiting time is over, you can come back tomorrow but you can't all stay." The nurse, But Sofia and I spoke at the same time, "I'm staying"

"Only one person can." The nurse looked at us.

Alex spoke something into Sofia's ear, she looked at Ash who said "Stay at mine tonight, okay? We will come back in the morning." She nodded, Alex patted my back and left.

"Do you need a pillow?" The nurse asked looking at me before leaving, I shook my head, "If anything happens call us anytime"

"okay." I said my eyes full of sadness

An hour had passed already and I was just sitting there, looking at the girl I love not saying a word.

The plastic ziplock bag was lying right next to me, so I took it and opened it.

Inside was a hair tie, her black hair tie, the one she never took off her wrist. I took it and wore it on my left wrist "I'll keep it safe for you my love." I spoke to my girlfriend.

Back when my brother was in a coma the doctors told us to talk to him, that he could hear us. "I'm going to talk to you a lot baby, I'm the one doing the talking now." I said a tear slipping from my eye "Just don't leave me"

I continued looking through the bag until I pulled out the necklace I got her, I held it in my palm and squeezed "I love you." This is when the same nurse came back to check the machines that were keeping her alive "You should sleep, sir." She said but I just shook my head.

"Will she make it?" I asked holding Celestia's hand.

"All her exams are good, she must make it, have hope." and she left.

"Wake up." I sobbed, my head falling on her hand as I grabbed it hard.

The urge to post everything in one day is immaculate!