Fragile Life

(In operation room)
Upon arrival in the OR, Ethan received a comprehensive hand-off report from the nurse, Judy.

Judy in a very stressed tone, she cast a glance on Ethan's face "doctor, we gotta solve this case, the injuries are very deep and she has been stab_ed very brutally, her body is in a condition of exsanguination, (the body is in shock of because of too much blood loss)

Ethan peered over the wounds, he clenched his fist, sweat dripping from his head, he looked at Judy "Where's her parents, I wanna meet them, this case is very critical, this must be a criminal case, this kind of injuries are not possible because of accidents, the wounds are given by someone" Judy nodded her head "her mom is sitting outside"

Ethan proceeded to meet her mother, Ethan looked at her with a doubtful eye "how this happened" Margaret's eyes expressing a deep pain, she looked down, her hands started trembling, she sluttered "he--- her da.. dad did thi.. this"

Ethan's face gone flat, his heartbeats are racing like hell, "dad, Where's he?" Margaret looked at him with a face of fury "I killed him"

Judy came running to him, "we need to conduct the surgery right now" Ethan went inside the OR.
Ethan was petrified by the wounds, he had never encountered a case like this.

It was a very perilous situation. In a flash Emily (the patient) murmured "he's gonna kill me, mom save me, don't touch me" everyone in the room we're terrified. Emily's body started shaking.

Ethan shouted "give her anesthesia right now Henry(newbie doctor), Emily in pain, crying, Margaret was able to hear her daughter's heart wrenching scream, Margaret put her hand over mouth to hold back her scream.

Henry injected anesthesia in her body. In the blink of an eye, Emily's scream stopped and there was a weird scary silence.

Emily's murmuring shattered the silence "save me from him" Ethan looked at her face, touched her face "you are safe Emily, no one will hurt you dear"

She wasn't completely out of her senses, we couldn't give her more anesthesia but we couldn't do the surgery when she is still conscious.

Ethan looked at Henry with daring eyes "brother, we will do it right now, this is your first case, its your moment to demonstrate your expertise" Henry looked at Emily his face clearly showed fear.

Ethan addressed this condition, he looked at everyone "listen, we have to do this very carefully, this is the point of someone's precious life, we can do this, I know this very perilous task but we have got this"

(Ethan taking deep breath)

"Judy give me scissors" Ethan started the surgery, he commenced excision, in a flash he stopped and he squinted his eyes and he clamped his jaw. He saw something the moment he touched Emily.

Some incidents that never took place in his life. Judy immediately held him "what happened doctor, I've never seen you this much rattled" Ethan started hastening towards restroom, Ethan filled water from the running tab, splashed onto his face.

Judy commenced thumping the door very hard, "doctor we don't have much time, what are you doing" Ethan came out with vascular rupture in his nose, Judy shockingly looked at him and covered her mouth "doctor, what's wrong, what happened"

Ethan traversed to the OR, he started the surgery, his face looks very befuddled. He became so bitter while doing the surgery, "judy are you dumb?, give me the scissor quickly"

Everyone was agitated because of Emily, Henry got so furious after Ethan yelled at Judy. He stitched his mouth for that time. He got a beef with Emily now, because of her Ethan shouted at Judy.

Ethan successfully removed all the dead tissue. He applied  dressing to the wound with medicines. He applied antiseptic.

He saw some biting marks over her neck and her arms. He squinted his eyes again and clenched his fist. Mary suspiciously "doctor what's happening here?"

Ethan clamped his jaw and in anger, he looked at Mary "can you please shut up Mary?"

She was extremely intimated by him. Henry was so frustrated by now.

Ethan kept doing her surgery and ultimately he successfully completed the surgery. She was out of danger now, atleast for now.

He looked at Judy, his face was serious and in a deep tone "Judy, please put all your efforts to this case, she is very critical. She needs one more surgery but we will do it tomorrow, currently the situation is under the control, don't take off your eyes from her" Judy nodded "yes"

Ethan sprinted towards his cabin with alacrity. He unlocked the door, Margaret was sitting there "she immediately stood up, her face was asking questions, she sluttered with sweaty and tears on her face, her expression was expressing her fear, deep love towards her daughter, "doctor tell me, is she okay?" Ethan with sorrowful face "yes for now, she is okay, later on we will go to execute another important surgery"

Tears began to flow from her eyes "you saved her, you're our god, son, I am glad, happy for the mother who gave birth to you" Ethan smiled, he held his tears back "you can go and meet Emily"

(Margaret left)

Silence and loneliness took over Ethan's mind. He murmured "mom I miss you, I miss you very much, why did you've to go to so...(someone knocked the door)

Come in..

It was Judy, "doctor, I wanna know why you were acting so livid and agitated a while ago" Ethan was lost, he got up and left the cabin.

He proceeds to see Emily, he sat besides her. He touched her face, he wiped her dried tears. Tears from Ethan's eyes fell down to Emily's face, she woke up. She started panicking the moment she saw him, "save me, he's gonna kill me" her heartbeats started racing,her blood pressure get very high...Ethan abruptly injected sleeping medicine in her body.

Some random, unexpected, unexperienced memories came to his head. He ran towards his cabin. He fell down........

The end

What was the relation between Emily and Ethan??

What was happening with Ethan??

To know
Stay tuned!!!
Love y'all ❤