Love, Pain and Trauma - 4

Emily's eyes were too dark blue wells, drowned in fear, fear flickered in her eyes like candle flame, fear dried her lips like dust, her voice trembled like a leaf in a hurricane. Terror echoed through her voice, her words carried the heaviness of past "oh leave me, don't touch me, mom save me"

Ethan's gentle touch, his hands smoothly glided over Emily's face, wiping her tears which shined as moon light strikes on it, her tears were resembling the silver pearls just fall off from a chain.

Ethan's voice worked like a feather, softly brushing all the stress away, soothing the fragile emotions of Emily.

Emily's consciousness came back alive, her lungs expanded, her shoulders relaxed, as her gaze locked onto Ethan face and his presence, his unwavering and gentle gaze calmed Emily's rising fear in her heart

Emily's breath came back to normal, her stomach relaxed, her skin became the land of sweat, her face was completely covered with a layer of sweat, the drop of sweat reflected the traumas Emily had in her past. Her skin transformed into a canvas of sweat.

Emily's voice below whisper, her eyes couldn't dilate completely, opened half, "Ethan, I am tired, can I sleep?"

Ethan's eyes curved, as his gentle smile reassured Emily, his lips unsealed and emotions flowed like a turbulent, passionate sea, "sleep well my love, I'm always here for you" Emily's eyelids shut, her arms got loose and the bedsheets got released from her hands.

Ethan's feet guided him towards the church near his place, air there was the evidence for all the prayers, evidence for every eye which cried there, evidence for everyone bowed in front of supreme power.

His eyes curved, filled with tears, his spirit lost in the fog of unanswered prayers. His lips trembled, his tongue tied, his eyes still, gazed onto the supreme Lord. His mouth opened, voice below whisper, words heavy with pain, "Lord, I didn't know I've to pay with pain just to live my life, feels like I'm paying for every smile, for every laugh" moonlight strike the glass of church, it reflects back to Ethan chest.