Fragile Life - 3

(Sounds of machine) Margaret was seeing everything from outside the ICU.... Ethan didn't know that.

Ethan couldn't sleep, It was truly chilling outside. Ethan stared at Emily "who are you, what's my relation with you, why I cannot see you in pain, why does it hurt me more when you're hurt, I don't even know you"

It was 2 am, he couldn't sleep, he looked very stressed, he got up, took his eyes to Emily's face, he smiled with teary eyes, he got down on his knees, his tongue was tied, he couldn't say anything, his eyes were teary but now his face expressions started changing. His face from blunt changed to very sad and tired man, who felt love after so long.

Ethan whispered "I like you Emily" Emily was sleeping, a little smile appeared on her face. He moved bit away from her bed, he got down on his knees, he proposed her, "I like you Emily" her mom was smiling from outside, she thanked God, "finally, I can let someone else take care of her" she knocked the door, a weird smile was on her face, Ethan was astonished, "h..heyy mom.. sorry aunt... sorry aunt ugh, ma'am"

She smiled and patted his back, "relax doctor Ethan" he smiled awkwardly and looked down. Margaret sat on the couch, her eyes captured the album besides her on couch.

She opened it and excitedly asked "is this your mom Ethan?" He smiled and nodded his head to yes. She teased him "you're as beautiful as your mom" he blushed and laughed, does she lives with you? Margaret questioned. His expression immediately changed to sad, she realised that something wasn't right.

She stood up in front of him, she hugged him. Ethan couldn't hold it anymore, overwhelmed Ethan burst into lamentations. Margaret patted his back, his head " shh Ethan, what happened?" He quaveringly "my dad and mom died" Margaret's heart sank upon hearing such devastating thing happened with him. She held his face "how"

Ethan got close to window, he looked out, hands in his pocket, "I was 7 years old. My dad was in army, he came back after destroying the terrorist camp. He barely lived for 3 days after coming back, some terrorist captured our house from all directions, it was 4 am in the morning. They violently grasped my parents, dragging them by the hair, I was right there, crying and screaming for help, they killed my parents in front of me. They locked me in my house, the had taken all the phones. They shot my dad and mom in front of me. I was devastated. I even stopped believing God. Margaret wiping her tears "why son, why did you stop believing in god" he looked down "when my dad and mom was in hospital, I was praying with all my heart, that's what I've heard, if you pray with all your heart, God listen it, but God didn't heard my prayer, from then and that's why I stopped believing in god"