Fragile Life - 2

Judy was sitting beside Emily with Emily's mother. Emily verbosity was notably curtailed, her tongue was tied up.

She looked at her mom with a melancholy veil on her face, "mom will I ever make it, am I alive mom?" Her mom's eyes dropped, sadness took over her mom's face "yes Emy, you will fight and you will survive, doctor Ethan saved you my baby"

Margaret turned to Judy "nurse, please call doctor Ethan" Judy nodded, she traversed to doctor's cabin, she rapped on the door, no response from Ethan. She took a peep from peephole, her eyelids got widen, she shouted "Henry, Mary, ward boy, help" everyone rushed towards the cabin.

Judy, despite her breathless, dyspneic speech, she kept talking "i sa.... sawwwww doc.. doctor Ethan unconscious inside his cabin" Henry smashed through the door, "ward boy, ward boy. Bring wheel chair, quick"

Judy stressed face, she checked Ethan's nerves, it was all normal, she checked his blood pressure, it was low, she screamed "ward boy where the hell are you?? Be quick.

(Sound of wheel chair)

Henry settled Ethan onto the wheelchair. Judy took him to ward room, she admitted him for a day, she put midline IV in his body.

(After 30 minutes)

Ethan came to consciousness, he was conscious yes, but his brain activities, cerebral activities were reduced. Judy posed the question to Margaret " have you noticed Ethan's increasingly bizarre behaviour?" Margaret was unsettled, "what do you mean?" Judy, she shrugged shoulders "no, nothing, never mind"

Judy was sure that something had happened to Ethan, he never acted like this before.

Ethan, ultimately came to full consciousness. He got up from the wheel chair, his face contorted, "ugh my body hurts"

Ethan quickly called Judy, "judy I am going home, I don't feel very good" Judy worriedly looked at him, "oh okay doctor, do you want me to drop you?" Ethan stressed his face "ugh yes, please"

(After getting home)

Ethan unlatched the entrance, "what's wrong with me today, I've been very absurd today" It was 10 pm, he immediately went to bed.

"NEXT MORNING"
Ethan was running, to his mom and dad, he was praying and kept praying and suddenly he woke up from his bad dream, "Oh my god, help me" he tumbled out of his bed "ugh my back, Ughhhh"

He arose from the floor, his face showed his pain "ugh it hurts ack"
He murmured "I think I should get myself some coffee" he was hobbling along, he went downstairs labored walking.

(Sounds of utensils)

"Ah Where's the coffee, why am I so dumb, where did I put my coffee" "phone ringing" Judy's calling. "Ethan, we need you here, Emily is saying weird things" Ethan looked very stressed "okay, I'll be there in few"

By this time, Ethan was completely weary, fatigued. He skipped breakfast, unable to muster the enthusiasm to eat. He was lost in his own thoughts.

(In the hospital)

Ethan sprinted towards the operation theater. His eyes became teary by seeing Emily's mom crying for her daughter. Everyone was waiting for him.
He stepped into the operation room.

Ethan talking to Judy "get me her blood reports right now" Judy jumped into the action, she quickly got the reports. Ethan eyes widen after reading those. He looked at everyone "how is this possible?, who did this with her" he shouted "ANSWER ME" Judy hesitatingly looked at him "doctor wha.... whattt hap..p p happened?"

Ethan looked at her with a very intimidating look, his eyes were red, his face was all sweaty, "cyanide is found in her body" Judy shouted "WHAT ARE YOU SAYING DOCTOR" he said yes, I am sure someone from us would do it, who was with Emily last night?? Judy "cogitating" her facial expression changed from doubt to surety, "Henry was with Emily last night"

But today Henry wasn't there, he didn't arrived hospital today. Ethan looked ferocious, "I'm gonna kill him today" Judy stopped him "first let's operate Emily, she will die if we expendeded our time unnecessarily" Ethan set eyes on Judy "go and give her anesthesia, I will be back" ethan ran towards his cabin, Judy wanted to know what's the matter, she followed him, Judy was dumbfounded after what she saw, she saw Ethan on his knees praying to Lord, he heard his voice saying "Lord please save Emily, please I cannot see her die for some reason"

Judy saw him coming back, she sprinted back to the OR, gave her anaesthetic injection.

He came in the OR, Judy was giving him a stare, he noticed, "why are you looking at me like that" Judy sluttering "no... nothing"

She was wondering why Ethan prayed for her? She knew that he stopped believing in God when he was 7, she didn't know his past, the reason. She was lost in her thoughts, "Ethan snapped fingers" he gazed at her, "what's wrong with you Judy, why aren't you focusing, these are the criteria you're setting for Mary"

Judy hesitatingly said "sorry doctor" Ethan directed them, he started injecting very little dose of Anti venomous, her liver was damaged because of cyanide, he cut all the dead tissue, excision was done successfully.

Her situation was still critical, she was just out of danger for sometime, Ethan was not very happy, Emily was not in very good condition.

Ethan, he quickly went to meet her mother, she was praying, he coughed to get her attention, she instantly got up and asked him "what's the condition now", he took a second to reply "she's okay, can I stay with her tonight" her mother took some seconds to think "okay"

The end
Why would Henry do that??
Stay tuned!!!

Love y'all