XIII

After the incident, Todoroki had gotten his own apartment with a dedicated heat room, a special thanks to his insistent father. It had been a few weeks since he had been out of the hospital. The treatment there had worked, however a heat could be induced due to the after effects of the villains quirk. So recovery was more of a nuisance than anything right now and Todoroki was sick of seeing the same walls. He missed his friends, a certain green haired alpha on his mind particularly. He scrolled his phone mindlessly for hours, seeing the man all over his feed doing hero work or fan meet and greets. He couldn't help but be a bit jealous of everyone spending time with Midoriya but him. With a click from his phone, he laid there, spooning his pillow before sleep enveloped him another countless time.

At least until the ring of his doorbell awoke the omega. Shouto rubbed his eyes softly and swung his legs over, grumbling at the now excessive ringing and knocking from his door. The omega swung it open, an agitated snarl ripping from his lips.

"What?!?!" He glared only for his gaze to soften at the sight of Bakugo. The alpha sneered back and shoved takeout in the omegas arms.

"Don't take your pissy anger out on me icy hot." His tone was surprisingly soft, the alpha glancing away before looking back and down at the omega.

"How're you feeling by the way? I didn't really get a chance to see you at the hospital." Still taken back by the alphas tone, Todoroki starred a bit longer at Bakugo before holding the food tighter.

"I'm actually okay.. how did you find my house..?" Bakugo scoffed at the question. He rolled his eyes and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Wasn't hard to ask for. Yaoyorozu is your best friend after all. Just said I wanted to stop by and check on you, that's all. Anyway, I'm gonna get going seeing that you're fine." The alpha turned to leave before the omega called out to him.

"Wait!! Would you like to come in? I could use the company to be honest..please?" Bakugo scoffed again before nodding. He couldn't say he wasn't surprised.

"Sure, nothing better to do anyway."

The two moved to the living room. Todoroki prepared some tea and silverware while Bakugo unpacked and spread out the food. It consisted of some of Todoroki's favorites, to his surprise. He sat across from Bakugo, thanking the alpha for the meal before severing himself happily. His scent was an obvious indicator on that. Todoroki glanced up at him before putting his chopsticks down for a second.

"So... how did you know what to get?"

'Todoroki must've really been socially deprived today, he never asks this many questions.' Bakugo thought while continuing to eat his share of soba.

"Just because I was focused on becoming number one back then doesn't mean I didn't pay attention to anything else. I used to give my food to you before the classes split, don't you remember?" His sharp crimson eyes bore into Todoroki's, the intense look had the omega feelings a bit shy. But he was grateful that the alpha remembered something like that.

"Thats right. Well thank you for coming all the way here on your day off. I really do appreciate the thought." Shouto smiled. He picked up his chopsticks once again and ate with unbound gratitude. He knows his scent might've been showing his emotions a bit too much, but why not indulge in it just for a little while? He was grateful after all. Not just for the food but the relief in his boredom. They ate comfortably and spoke for the rest of the afternoon. Bakugo filled in Todoroki about the incident from their side, his calm voice never sending off alarm bells in Todoroki's anxious mind.

It was getting late though and the omega knew Bakugo had to go soon. The alpha was surprisingly good company, much against Todoroki's previous interactions with him. But he had risked his life along with Midoriya to save his own.

"Hey, I never really asked but how're you doing too? I know the incident was a few weeks ago now, but I also know it wasn't easy for you either." Bakugo's lips quirked into an upwards smirk but his eyes stayed soft.

"M'fine. Glad I was just able to help out and not hurt anyone, especially you. I'm sorry if I scared you. That wasn't me back there." The amount of guilt the alpha carried was obvious. He cleared his throat before grabbing his jacket to head out.

"Thanks for askin though icy hot. Also call me if you need anything. Here's my stupid number." Todoroki flushed slightly. He'd never seen him so soft spoken or honest. After a mutually comfortable silence, the two said their goodbyes and Todoroki was once again home alone. He hated to admit it, but he enjoyed Bakugo's presence and company. It beat the now overwhelming quiet apartment, the faint ringing in his ears in the dimly lit dining room. The faint smell of the alpha remained, but not enough to be a nuisance. In fact, he sort of appreciated the scent. The new wooden maple floors were beautiful, however since it is a new apartment, the scent was a bit strong on the nose.

For the second time that day, Todoroki moved to his bedroom and scrolled mindless in bed. His eyes grew heavier with each hour till he eventually drifted off. Sleep came easy that night, but not for too long. It started as restless tossing and turning, his body either too hot or too cold. That was until he felt almost feverish, his skin sensitive to any sort of touch, and his legs grew disgustingly weak. The omega growled at the nauseatingly familiar feeling. Yet, he gripped at his silky sheets, more annoyed that this sort of heat was due to the quirk and didn't give the same helpless thoughts as it usually would. He was still in his right mind, but he did long for something a bit intimate.

A chat perhaps?

One call wouldn't hurt..right?

"Well...he did say any time..."

Been a few years....hi LOL