150-Nicole and lana-shortland street

Nicole Miller and Lana Jacobs had been through a lot together. Their relationship had its ups and downs, but they always found their way back to each other. However, the arrival of a new nurse at the hospital, Alex, started to stir feelings of jealousy in Lana.

One evening, after a long shift, Nicole and Lana were sitting in their living room. Nicole was scrolling through her phone, while Lana was unusually quiet.

Nicole: "You okay, Lana? You've been awfully quiet tonight."

Lana looked up, her eyes filled with uncertainty. "It's just... I saw you talking to Alex today. You seemed really close."

Nicole sighed, putting her phone down. "Lana, Alex is just a colleague. We were discussing a patient."

Lana bit her lip, trying to hold back her emotions. "I know, but it just feels like... I don't know, like you're drifting away from me."

Nicole moved closer, taking Lana's hands in hers. "Hey, look at me. I'm not drifting away. You're the one I love, Lana. No one else."

Lana's eyes welled up with tears. "I just can't help feeling insecure sometimes. You're amazing, and I guess I'm scared of losing you."

Nicole wrapped her arms around Lana, holding her tightly. "You won't lose me. I promise. But you have to trust me, okay?"

Lana nodded, resting her head on Nicole's shoulder. "I'm sorry. I know I need to work on this."

Nicole kissed the top of her head. "We both have things to work on. But we'll do it together, like we always do."

The next day at the hospital, Nicole made a point to include Lana in conversations with Alex, showing her that there was nothing to hide. Lana appreciated the gesture, feeling more secure in their relationship.

That evening, as they walked home together, Lana squeezed Nicole's hand. "Thank you for understanding. I know it's not easy."

Nicole smiled, her eyes filled with love. "We're a team, Lana. We'll get through anything as long as we're together."

Lana leaned in and kissed Nicole softly. "I love you."

Nicole smiled against her lips. "I love you too."

As they continued their walk, the rain started to fall, but neither of them minded. They had each other, and that was all that mattered.