part 5

Meera paced nervously in their bedroom, her heart pounding as she replayed the words she knew she needed to say. It had taken her months to gather the courage. Aarav deserved to know the truth—the real reason she left for Oxford all those years ago, the misunderstanding that created the rift between them.

When Aarav entered the room, his sharp, tired eyes softened slightly as he saw her fidgeting with the hem of her kurta. "Meera?" His voice was low, concerned. "What's going on?"

She took a deep breath, bracing herself. "I need to tell you something, Aarav... about why I left without a word."

Aarav leaned against the doorframe, crossing his arms over his chest, waiting patiently, though tension crept into his posture.

She began, her voice barely above a whisper. "It was that day—after our final exams—when I saw you with your project mate."

Aarav frowned, confused. "You mean Priya? What about her?"

Meera bit her lip, the emotions she had buried for years rising to the surface. "I thought... I thought she was your girlfriend." She exhaled, her voice cracking. "I overheard something your friends said about you two being close, and I assumed the worst. I was hurt, confused... I thought you had moved on. So I left for Oxford without saying anything."

Aarav's expression shifted from confusion to disbelief, then something unreadable flickered in his gaze—hurt, perhaps. "You left... because you thought I had a girlfriend?" His voice was calm, but the sharp edge of emotion cut through each word.

Meera nodded slowly, feeling vulnerable under his intense gaze. "It was stupid, I know. But at the time, I was scared... scared that we were growing apart. I thought distancing myself was the only way to protect my heart."

Aarav stared at her, silent for what felt like an eternity. She searched his face, hoping for a reaction, some acknowledgment—anything. But instead, he pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

"Meera..." His tone was heavy, as though he didn't know how to respond. He took a step back, his jaw tight. "I... I have to leave for my business trip tonight."

Her heart sank. "Now?"

He nodded, avoiding her gaze, frustration and something deeper lingering in his expression. "We'll talk about this when I get back, okay?"

Before she could respond, Aarav grabbed his bag and gave her a lingering look—one filled with emotions too complicated to untangle in that moment. He pressed a kiss to her forehead, lingering just a moment longer than necessary, then walked out of the room without another word.

Meera stood frozen, the air heavy with unresolved emotions. The sound of the door closing echoed in the silence, leaving her alone with her thoughts.

Days passed like a blur, each one dragging on without Aarav. Meera's heart ached with the weight of everything left unsaid. She replayed their last conversation over and over, wondering if she had made things worse between them.

Just as she was beginning to lose hope, Aarav's flight landed. He didn't call, didn't message—nothing. Frustrated and worried, Meera busied herself with work, trying to distract herself from the gnawing emptiness.

That evening, the door swung open with a sharp click, and Aarav strode in, still in his travel-worn clothes, eyes locked on hers.

Before Meera could say anything, he crossed the room in a few quick steps, grabbing her by the waist and pulling her into a fierce, desperate kiss. It was sudden and overwhelming, catching Meera off guard. But she didn't resist—she couldn't. All the pent-up emotions they had carried finally burst free between them.

When they finally pulled apart, both breathless, Aarav cupped her face in his hands, his forehead resting against hers. "Meera," he whispered, his voice hoarse. "Do you know how insane you've made me these last few days?"

She blinked up at him, her heart racing. "I thought you were mad..."

"I was," he admitted with a crooked smile. "But not because of the misunderstanding. I was mad because I realized that even after all these years, I never stopped loving you."

Meera's eyes filled with tears, and she buried her face in his chest, clinging to him as though afraid he'd disappear again. "I'm sorry, Aarav. I was stupid. I should have trusted you."

Aarav tightened his arms around her, his breath warm against her temple. "It doesn't matter anymore. What matters is that we're here now. No more running away, okay?"

Meera nodded, her heart lighter than it had been in years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thoda short hi hai,

karo guys adjust yaar

votesssssssssss