Chapter 4 Reunited

Chapter 4

Louis P.O.V.

I can’t wait to see then again. I missed them so much over these past few years. I had talked to Ari and Ju a few times on the phone but Mel was apparently ‘never there’ and refused to answer her cell that Ari had given me the number for. So I went for over two years without talking to her and I really missed her. I wonder if she changed since last time I saw her. Does she have a boyfriend? Is she still a tomboy? Will she remember me? Does she hate me like June and Ariel said she did? So many thoughts rushed through my mind as the taxi driver turned on my road. Once we arrived, it was 5:25 which meant I was early which is weird because I’m always late.

“That will be 19 pounds please sir” the driver told me. I paid him and thanked him while he helped me with my luggage. I then walked up to the front door and I heard a few voices inside. I opened the door, which was never locked, as was almost tackled to the ground by a few girls. They are so dumb, I could have been an axe murderer for all they know, I laughed to myself, but I guess they saw me from the window.

“LOUIS” I heard my mom, Molly, June and Ariel chant together.

“Hi guys. It’s so great to see all of you. How’s it going twinnie?” I asked as I hugged Ariel again. I saw June pout so I went up to her and hugged her again also.

“I’m great big Tommo!” she laughed.

“Not that I don’t want to talk to you but…um…where’s Melody?” I asked wondering why she wasn’t here.

“I actually don’t know, she said she was going for fresh air but it’s been over 20 minutes ago and she still isn’t here” Ariel answered.

“I should go get her. I think I know where she is. NO ONE follow me. The lads should be here soon so be nice and please don’t faint, that would be embarrassing to me. Bye I’ll see you guys later” I left before they could object and made my way to our old tree house because I had a feeling she’d be there.

As I got closer and closer to the tree house, I could hear soft crying and I instantly recognized it was her. She sounded so much more fragile and sensitive now. The only time I had ever seen her cry were when Brian had been taken away and when I was leaving. I knocked on the door and I heard that the crying had stopped as she sniffled.

“Ari, Ju, go away. I already told you that I wasn’t going to come now and that I refuse to talk to him. Just tell him that I went to a sleepover at a friend’s house, or something, and come get me once he’s gone” she said and I heard pure sadness in her voice. It was already too late for that because I knew she was here. I was determined to talk to her and now so I didn’t move and just knocked again. I heard her move around probably to open the door. “Nor do I ever want to see him again” and with that, she opened the door.

‘Hi Mel Bear’ I said smiling.

“Oh shit” she looked shocked and slammed the door in my face. I only got a quick glimpse at her and saw that her hair was curly instead of being straight. Last time I had seen her, she hated to wear makeup and do things that girls normally like to do.  “Go away. I don’t want to talk to you or see you” she said through the closed door.

“Well it’s too late for that so please open the door. I’m terribly sorry for what happened. I really need to talk to you”

“No, go away”

“Please, I’m really sorry. I can answer any question that you have. Just please open the door, I really need to see you.”

“If I open the door, doesn’t mean I forgive you because until you prove me wrong, I still hate you, understood?”