CH-1

There it was. That sound. Orm recognize that sound because it was a weekly event. Every Saturday, the same time, the same sound, the same person. Orm hated the predictability of it. It was honestly getting to be a bit of a bore.

The sound of the motorcycle got louder as it approached outside on the street and then it stopped. Which meant it was soon to be followed by...

* Ding ding *

The chime from the store door. She was here.

Orm put on her warm smile and as she always did, she asked "How can I help you, today?"

"Hi, could I get a bouquet of your best flowers today?" The brunette woman asked.

"Sure." Orm replied.

Orm would not ask about size, or form, or colors. She knew the woman would take whatever Orm picked out.

"You'd know best" the woman had said to her the first couple of times that she'd asked, so Orm stopped asking.

And then, as she did every Saturday, the woman picked out a note card, and on it wrote a name. A woman's name. It was a new name each weekend. And Orm was always amused and curious to know what name it was gonna be each weekend.

She amused herself on boring days at the store guessing what name it would be this weekend. She swore the woman could have her own set of names for a new version of Mambo no 5.

This time, Orm noted the woman wrote "Lily"

Orm tied the note to the bouquet, and this time, a first as noted by Orm , the woman paid with her card.

Orm took the opportunity to read her name on the credit card.

Lingling. Lingling Sirilakwong.

Orm tried not to form an opinion, and focus on the task at hand. When the payment was done, Lingling grabbed her card and bouquet, said "thanks" and was off.

Orm stared after her. Lingling. Lingling Sirilakwong.

"The woman's a story waiting to be written" View said, while cutting the stems of the new batch of roses that came in that afternoon.

"Huh?" Orm asked, brought out of whatever daze or zone-out state she was in.

"The brunette... comes in every weekend, she's got it good for whoever she's dating." View said.

Orm half snorted when she laughed. She noted the sound of the motorcycle riding away, Lingling Sirilakwong, off on her next conquest.

"What?" View asked

"Nothing" Orm said.

"Come on tell me"

"Just, it's a new name each week." Orm said nonchalantly.

"Orm Korn, are you judging?" View teased with amusement

"What? No.." Orm waved her hand and laughed.

"Yes you are, you just formed an opinion on this fine young woman based on the names she writes on the tags."

"I'm just saying, they're all women's names, and it's a new one each time" Orm said.

"Annndddd..." View prompted.

"And I hardly think she's got that many dead grandmas to leave floral tributes for..."