CH-15

Lingling was riding home. And then she decided to switch destinations. The entire ride there, she tried not to think. She didn't want to think. Or feel. Right now she needed a drink. Because she wanted to forget for a few hours what she was putting herself through for the love and affection of Orm Kornnaphat.

It was torture. Pure unfiltered torture. And she didn't know how long she'd have to wait just to show Orm how much she wanted her.

Lingling was almost nearing the bar, when she felt her phone vibrating in her pocket. She knew that would probably be Orm. Calling to apologize. 

And Lingling just wasn't sure how she felt about it all yet. She needed some time. She needed to understand everything she was feeling about not being able to kiss the woman she wanted so bad, about how Orm loved to tease her, and make her want her, but wouldn't let her have her. And Lingling was not used to not getting what she wanted.

She parked in the alleyway by the bar and then pulled out her phone

There were two texts from Orm , and a missed call.

"Teerak, are you home?" And 5 minutes later another text... "I wanna talk, please, call me when you're home or when you see this..."

Lingling read the texts and then locked her phone, putting it back into her pocket and just then it started ringing again. She checked the screen to see it was Win.

She picked up.

"If you're having sex right now with the white coca cola slender whitest girl, please cut this call right now" Win said

"Quite the opposite actually" Lingling replied dryly.

"What? Didn't you'll go on like a date or something tonight?"

"Yea, that feels like light years ago. This evening has been long" Lingling said. She heard a beep on her phone then and pulled it away from her ear to check the screen, another missed call from Orm.

"Where are you?" Win asked.

"I needed a drink" Lingling said.

"Lingling , come over. Let's talk" Win said

Lingling sighed "Fine. but I still need a drink"

"I'll chill the wine glasses"

"I need something stronger" Lingling said.

"Okay okay you big baby, just get here"

Lingling then got back on her motorcycle and rode on over to Win's.

*****

Orm stared at her phone. Koay had left a little after Lingling . He lectured Orm about eating well, and drinking a lot of water before sleeping, and then he was gone, and Orm was left to think about what had happened between her and Lingling not a few moments ago. 

She should have known Lingling would get frustrated, but truly, Orm went in for a real kiss today, and freaked out at the very last moment. She wished Lingling knew just how much she wanted to kiss her too, and it wasn't all one sided.

So now, staring at the messages she'd sent that remained read and unaddressed, Orm felt like maybe she'd upset Lingling too much.

Her mind couldn't help but wonder, creating scenarios where Lingling would block her, or tell her she's done with this, whatever they were trying to do, tell her she didn't like this idea of waiting, or going slow.