Chapter 12

Me and Doug walk in the conference room, I shake hands and hug everyone. I see Tiffany sitting there with a look on her face unable to read her expression. I talk about everything that's gonna be going on next week, I look over at Tiffany she's not making eye contact with me instead she glares at me here and there but it's not a good glare. After the meeting I walk up to Tiffany and tap her shoulder. "Can you meet me in my office to talk?". Tiffany sighs, "okay Kamala". She walks away and I stand there watching her. Why is she so mad at me? What did I do wrong?.
__________________________________
*𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐘'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕*

I walk away from Kamala leaving the conference room. I seen her and Doug walking out that office It just pissed me off. I don't know.. I felt a hint of jealousy when I seen them. I started to realize what she said last night it's true. She wants me all to herself and so do I. I make my way to her office walking in, I sit across from her desk waiting for her to walk in. My leg shakes and my heart is beating through my chest. I hear her heels clacking against the floor, I don't turn around I just sit there waiting for her. She sits next to me in the other chair and stares at me. "Why are you mad at me Tiffany?". She says it very gently. I clear my throat, "Why were you and Doug walking out of the office together?". I turn my body towards her raising my eyebrow and tilting my head.

She clears her throat, "Doug came in the office to ask me how I've been since you know.. the whole situation". I nod and stare at her, waiting for her to say everything. "I told him that I would be talking to my lawyer so we can get this divorce going... So why are you mad again?". She puts her hand on her chin waiting for my answer. I clear my throat, "I don't like the fact that both of you walked out together". Kamala chuckles as if I was joking. "I'm sorry? I didn't quite understand the joke". Kamala says, "Tiffany. No one else in this office knows about me and Doug splitting beside you. So why would I walk around hating him when we're still legally "married" to the world, and I wanna protect his image, I don't want others in my business until we get a divorce". I don't say anything I just stare at her for a while. It's silent and neither one of us are talking. I can't believe she wants to protect his image after everything he did. She's full of shit.

We both jumped from a knock at the door, "come in", Kamala says. I look at the door and it's Bonnie. Why is she here at my job? Why didn't she call me?. I stand up smiling but also a little confused, "Heyy Bonnie what are you doing here?". I say in excitement also confusion. I can feel Kamala glaring at me I didn't turn around to look at her. I pull Bonnie into a hug, she smells nice.

"Hey Tiff, I'm only here because of my job yk since I'm a journalist they wanted me to see if I can interview the president, we have a project going on at work and I decided I wanted to do something better than everyone". She lets me go smiling at Kamala. Kamala stands up, "Well hello Bonnie it's nice to meet you". They shake hands I just stare at the both of them. "Well that's great Bonnie, Kamala are you wanting to get interviewed by Bonnie?". I say glaring at Kamala. Kamala smiles, "I'd love to get interviewed, come on let's have a seat darling". They both walk towards the couch.

"Okay you two, I'm gonna go to my office I'll see you guys later". I walk out. Kamala doesn't even really like Bonnie because of how close me and Bonnie are. I'm surprised she agreed to do the interview.

I'm sitting in my office doing some work listening to my music. I look up and see Kamala and Bonnie laughing I snatch my head phones off and I smile at the both of them. "What's up?". I say with a smile. Kamala is touching her shoulder, her hand and giving her that seductive smirk. What the fuck is going on between them right now?. I stare at them in confusion also a little pissed. Bonnie says, "well our interview is done. She did great and I asked great questions". I roll my eyes at Kamala and I look at Bonnie and smile. "That's great, how long are you staying in Washington?". I say with a smirk on my face, I know it'll piss Kamala off. I don't know why Kamala doing the shit she doing, but since she wanna play imma play.

Bonnie says, "I'm gonna be leaving tomorrow morning, this was just a pit stop. Wanna hang out tonight?". I smirk uncontrollably, "I would love to hang out". A deep sigh comes out of Kamala's mouth. Kamala says, "Bonnie invited me to the wedding, I can't wait to go Bonnie". She says like she in competition with me or something. Idk what it is but it's starting to piss me off. I fake smile. Bonnie says, "I thought it'll be a great idea. I have a few politicians coming so it made sense to invite the president". No the fuck it didn't. How you gone invite her? Kamala only doing this shit because she doesn't want me alone with Bonnie. Now I get it. I stay silent not saying anything, my hands and my leg is shaking. I'm passed pissed I'm furious.

"Oh and Tiff, wedding is in 2 weeks, ill send you all the information. But I'm gonna head out text me later". I smile, "okay Bonnie I'll text you see ya later". Bonnie smirks and leaves my office. Kamala starts walking toward the door. "Where the hell you think you're going?". I say tilting my head, she turns around and walks towards my desk. "What's with all this weird shit you been doing?. Like touching Bonnie and getting yourself invited to her wedding. What's the deal?". I say staring deeply into her eyes. She chuckles, "First off don't talk to me all crazy. I'm not just some motherfuckah on the street". She says in a chuckle but also serious. I try holding my tongue but I can't, I'm about to go off.

"I never said you were some "motherfuckah" on the street. I asked why the fuck were you being all touchy with my best friend. And why did you get yourself invited to her wedding". Kamala jerks her head back seeing that I'm actually pissed. "I wasn't being all touchy Tiffany. And beside you're not gonna be going to the wedding alone. You two have too much alone time as it is, I told you when I want something imma do whatever it takes for it to be mine". She says trying to reassure me but I'm not buying it. I chuckle, "so you're only doing this because you want Bonnie to stay away from me?". Kamala laughs, "well no shit Sherlock. That means no more drunk sex, no kissing. No hugging for longer than 10 seconds. Got it?". Oh she reallyyy wants me?. I guess I'll give it a try.

I hesitate for a second.. "Okay". She smiles, "see you later baby". And she leaves my office.

I make it home Kamala didn't ride back with me glad she didn't. I was too deep in thought about everything that went down today. I flop down on the couch and a deep sigh comes out. I lay there for about 20 minutes, I might've took a quick nap. I open my eyes, it's 7pm Kamala hasn't came back. I get up from the couch and I go straight to the bathroom to jump in the shower. After 30 minutes, I throw my robe on and I grab a towel to cover my wet curls. I walk out of the bathroom and walk straight to the kitchen, cleaning my ears with a q tip with my eyes partially closed.

I open my eyes and I see Kamala and Bonnie sitting at the table. Kamala is eyeing my body, biting her lip slowly. Ngl it turned me on, but that doesn't stop me from the fact that both of them are in here together and why are they together. "What are you doing here Bonnie?". I smile awkwardly, she laughs a little. "Kamala invited me for drinks". She shows me her wine glass and take a sip. Why does Kamala keep doing this I'm finna crash out rn. "Oh that's nice, Kamala why'd you invite Bonnie knowing me and her we're gonna hang out tonight". I say tilting my head and perking up my lips.

Kamala laughs a little, "Well I recall you said that you would text her about maybe hanging out. But I Guess I beat you to it". She says sarcastically, and Bonnie is just sitting there smiling ear to ear. She's oblivious and Kamala is doing this shit on purpose. I gasps trying to not spazz out. Bonnie sits her glass down and looks at me in concern. "Are you okay tiff?". I breathe heavily and my eyes meet Kamala's. "Kamala for god sakes every since Bonnie came into the White House you've been doing this weird shit. You just don't want me and Bonnie hanging out because you want me all to yourself". Bonnie blinks and jerks her head back a little and shifts in her seat.

Kamala sits there in disbelief, her mouth stuck opened not knowing how to respond. Bonnie clears her throat, "I'm.. I'm gonna go. Call me later tiff". Bonnie leaves quickly without hesitation. I sigh deeply and look up. "Are you happy now?". I stomp away towards my room slamming the door shut.
-
Authors note

How y'all feel about this chapter? I kind of wanted them to argue a little bit. Comment and tell me how y'all feel 🩶

Thanks for reading!