I love you mom

(This is the 60th part of these book. We are at 10k reads and almost 600 votes right now...I'm so happy and grateful to you guys. Thank you 💜)

When Jungkook reached at his mom's door he inhaled a deep breath before knocking at the door. He didn't know why he was feeling so nervous. He blew out for 3/4 times. His body was kinda trembling.

He didn't hear a come in. So he peaked through the slightly open door. His mom was not in her room. Was she in the balcony? Jungkook thought himself. Jungkook entered the room silently, going ahead towards the balcony. He was right. Mi Rae was in the balcony, leaning on the rilling on her elbow, looking at the dark sky. The moon just hid in the ocean of clouds.

Jungkook also leaned on the rilling beside his mom. Both were silent,maybe trying to predict what the pitch black night wanted to say. Maybe after remained silent for 3/4 minutes, Mi Rae broke the silence. She was still looking at the infinite Sky.

"I promised Da Ni that I would protect her from everything. "

Jungkook looked at his mom. Her wet eyes were glistening. Even in that pitch black night, Jungkook could see that, or maybe her cracked husky voice was helping him to predict. Jungkook didn't say anything. His mother wanted him with her tonight. He will give her all the time, even if It's just to listen the side of her story.

"We were friends since we didn't even know the meaning of friendship. Da Ni was the one cute, savage, brave girl Between the two of us. I was the shy and coward one. Da Ni's father was always very strict, to him discipline always came first. Da Ni used to break almost all of his rules and she always got the scolding from him. So Da Ni liked to spend most of her time in my house. My parents always saw her like their 2nd daughter. She was 4 months younger than me but we were in same class. We finished our kindergarten, then we took admission at the same high school. As I was kinda nerd, I used to get bullied a lot. Back then, Da Ni was always my shield and sword. She threw punches on anyone's face who dared to bully me. If you saw your mom as a strong woman who could fight back, that was beacuse of one and only Da Ni. She always got involved in fights when it was about me. Even it happened for 5/6 times when Da Ni's parents had to come to school for that and her father got really angry the last time. He decided to change her school.
My parents tried to make him understand a lot of time, but he didn't listen to anyone. He shifted his whole family in Daegu. We both were so upset and sad, it was really hard for both of us. That time there was land phone at my house, and Da Ni used to contact me once a week. That's how we finished our high school. But again in college, we both planned to take admission in the same college. And God listened to us. As Da Ni only gave test for Just one College, his father couldn't stop her this time. We both were so happy. Till then, I already changed myself, I became brave like her. Da Ni was so happy in my changing.
That year was the year when he met the boy at college. I don't remember his name. Da Ni used to mention his name a lot. First I thought it was a stupid crush and she would get over that. But seems like it wasn't. I was busy with my exam studies and couldn't care much about her love life. In between these, Da Ni's father got to know about her lover and didn't approve their relation. Da Ni was again locked in her house. I got to know that only when she didn't attend the exam that day. I was worried. So I visited her place. But her father didn't allow me to meet her. I thought his father would be calm again and would allow her to get out of the house. But when a week passed, I again visited her house. But, when I got to there, Da Ni - she was gone. She was gone from there. Eventually she fled with her lover. Her father didn't even try to find her you know. I- I searched for her in whole Seoul. I even went to Daegu to find her. But it was like finding a needle in the haystack. I was lost without her. I didn't take the final exam that year. I only needed my Da Ni in - my life."

Mi Rae was crying and sobbing, lowering her head on the rilling.

Jungkook kept his hand on her head. He wanted to console his mother. He understood her pain. Loosing someone whom you take as your soulmate, either It's a platonic relationship, a friendship or a love relationship, loosing someone close to your heart, would break you in many ways.