Distance

I had spent the night tossing and turning, my mind replaying Aayansh’s words

I had spent the night tossing and turning, my mind replaying Aayansh’s words. His confession, his patience, and the promise in his eyes. He wanted me to trust him, but trust didn’t come easily for someone like me. It was a gift I wasn’t sure I had left to give.

Still, there was something about Aayansh—his presence, his steadiness—that made it harder and harder to keep my walls up.

The sound of the door opening broke my thoughts.

it was Aayansh.

He leaned against the doorframe, looking effortlessly handsome in a casual white shirt, sleeves rolled up to reveal his strong forearms. His dark, intense eyes held mine as he entered the room.

“Mujhe tumse baat karni hai,” (I need to talk to you) he said quietly, closing the door behind him.

I swallowed, my heart beating faster. There was something about his presence that always made the air feel thicker, more charged.

“Haan, bolo,” (Yes, tell me) I replied, trying to sound composed even though his closeness was making my nerves flutter.

Aayansh stepped closer, his expression serious. “I have to go on a business trip to Delhi for a few days. There’s something... important that I need to handle and I would take you , but I know you have your things to Handle.

“I’ll be fine here,” I said, attempting a small smile. “You don’t have to worry about me.”

He shook his head, his eyes darkening. “I always worry about you, Sunshine.”

His words hung in the air between us, and for the first time, I saw a flicker of vulnerability in his eyes. It made my chest tighten in a way I wasn’t prepared for. Before I could say anything, he pulled a small box from his pocket.

“What’s this?” I asked, surprised.

“A gift.” He opened the box to reveal a delicate diamond anklet. “I wanted to give you something before I left as I had ruined it yesterday. Something to remind you that you’re not alone.”

I stared at the anklet, my chest tightening. Why did he keep doing this? Showing me kindness, patience, and affection?

Without waiting for my response, Aayansh knelt down in front of me and gently clasped the anklet around my ankle. His touch was warm, careful, and it sent a shiver up my spine. My breath caught as I watched him—a man of power and control—kneeling in front of me as if I were his queen.

“Yeh zaroori nahi tha,” (This wasn’t necessary) I whispered, my voice barely audible.

“Tum zaroori ho,” (You are necessary) he replied, standing back up. His words, simple yet profound, hit me harder than I expected.

Before I could respond, he leaned in, his breath warm against my ear. “I’ll be back soon, Sunshine And remember... main hamesha tumhare saath hoon, chahe tumhe lage ya nahi.” (I am always with you, whether you feel it or not.)