One :Church

"Danny! Danny!" Nathan and Natalie chimed in unison as they bounced on my bed.

"What time is it?" I muttered drowsily.

"9 O'clock!!" Natalie said loudly. Or it sounded loud. I was probably slightly hungover from the night before.

"We're hungry!" Nathan whined.

"Ohkay, I'll make y'all breakfast," I walked to the kitchen and started making eggs.

"Where's mom?" I asked. Natalie took a bite of her eggs and shrugged, Nathan rolled his little brown eyes. Those two have some serious attitudes for six year olds.

I wasn't suprised my mom wasn't home. She must have left after I did last night. She was rarely home. It's kinda acceptable when I'm home but when I leave it so isn't right. Ever since my dad died five years ago she has been going out almost every night. Even after his funneral she went out. Insted of staying home with me and the twins she went clubbing.

My dad died in a car acciednt. A drunk driver hit him head on. He died the day I turned 11.  Technially William wasn't my biological dad. I don't know my biological father. He left me and my mom when I was still in diapers. Damn druggie. My mom met William when I was 6, she married him two years later. Three years after they got married they had the twins.  Nathan and Natalie looked so much like him. Nathan and Natalie had his eyes, Nathan had his hair.

"Sissy," Natahn said, interupting my thoughts.

"Yes?"

"Are we going to church?"

"Umm sure. Y'all eat. I'm gonna go get dressed."

I went to my room. I put on my black skinny jeans, black boots and red sweater that clung to my body. Natalie came into my room, in her little yellow dress.

"Yes baby girl?"

"Can you fix my hair?"

I sat her on my bed and started braiding her hair. When I glanced at the clock it was already 11.  We had to leave so we could make it to the noon service.

"Nathan let's go!" I yelled as I got to the front door. I grabbed my cell phone,keys, and wallet. They got into my little blue-green care my grandparents got me at the end of sophmore year when I turned 16. My god-mother said it macthed my eyes, that's why she picked it out.  They had the money to spend. My god-father taught me how to drive.

"Danny can you put on music?" Natalie asked.

I pushed play on my CD player. My Skillet CD started playing. We made it through five songs before I pulled into the church parking lot.