Nine: Band Practice

***2 Weeks later***

I woke up Sunday morning alone again. My mom was basically living with Chris, the twins came and went. I missed hem.

Since my Damien came see me he has been coming a lot. He's taken me out to dinner a few times, I've even met his fiancee. She was a nice woman. Her name's Nancy, she's a small little blonde. She's got two grown sons and a little daughter who's 10. They are gonna be getting married next June, and after I graduate they want me to move in with them. 

I got dressed and put my lip ring in before I headed to Leo's house for band practice. I knew Drake would be there and I was nervous. He hasn't really talked to me since we kissed after that movie. I've mostly been talkin to Christian, but all he wanted was sex. Personally I didn't want some random hook-up. Especailly considering he was with Christina. Drake hasn't shown anymore interest in me..... I guess he was just "testing the waters". Yeah hanging out with guys has made me start to think more like them.

I walked into Leo's house and straight up into the studio. Drake, Anthony, and Kyle  were tuning their guitars, Leo was sittin behind the drum set. "Hey boys," I said and looked at Drake.

He winked at me. "Hey hottie,"

Leo's eyes got big and he turned to look at Drake. "Whaaat???" I laughed at him.

"What Leo? Are you sayin she doesn't look hot in that?" Drake said.

 "No I'm not sayin that! I'm just sayin it's a little off for YOU to call her hot,"

I blushed and Drake stood up. "Anyway, let's get started. We can practice some songs that we all know. Danny what songs do you know and you can sing?"

"Almost anything Skillet I know by heart, I know Behind these Hazel Eyes by Kelly Clarkson, and a lot of Never Shout Never songs,"

"Ohkay, let's do Hero. I'll sing with you."

The guys started playing and I started sining, Drake sang back up for me. We finished that song and I felt pretty good about it, I never think I sound all that great but with Drake singing back up it sounded a lot better!! " How about Last Night by Skillet?" I asked.

"Perfect," Leo said with a smile.

I sang; Hero, Last Night, Comatose, Big City Dreams, and Yours to hold with Drake. Then they wanted to hear me back him up so we sang Animals and Figured You Out by Nickleback. After that we started laughing and messing around.

"I think Ima go," I said and stood up to leave.

"I'll walk you out," Drake followed me.

We got to my car and I was about to leave when Drake said. "Wait. Danny. I got a question to ask you," He looked all nervous and cute again.

"Yes?"

"Ohkay, I know I've been avoiding you for a few weeks and I'm sorry. But will you please forget about that for now?"

"Yeah, go ahead ask,"

"Well I was wondering if you'd wanna go out with me?"

My jaw dropped a little bit but I smiled at him and blushed. "I'd love to,"

"Great," he kissed me quickly "Drive safe, I'll see ya later."

I drove off, but insted of goin home I went to Olivia's.

I knocked on her apartment door, she opened it with Jayden on her hip. "Hey girl, come on in,"

"Guess what happened!" I squealed after I sat on her counch.

"What?"

"Drake.Asked.Me.Out!"

"Ohmygosh! Really?"

"Yes!!"

"Awww y'all are gonna look sooo cute together,"

I told her about everything that happened in the last two weeks. She kept up with it all and kept giving me feedback. Then she told me about all that was happening with her.

"Yeah and get this, Jayden's daddy called me."

 "No,"

"Yes!"

"What did he want?"

"He said he's really sorry about leaving me and his son, but he wasn't 'ready' to be a father. He also said he wants to see Jayden and try to make amends with me for leaving. He even sent flowers,"

"Ohmygosh! What did you say?"

"I told him that it'll take more then a few cheap gifts for me to forgive him for leaving me alone with a new born and no help from my son's father! Plus I don't want him coming into Jayden's life and leaving. That can traumatize him! If Jacob comes into Jayden's life and stays a few months then leaves Jayden will be greatly effected by that, right?"

"Yeah. He needs to prove he won't tramumatize Jayden,"

"You wanna stay the night?"

"I wish, I gotta get home,"