Eight: Damien

Damien just looked at me. He didn't move. "Uhm, come in I guess..."

He walked in and sat on the couch. "Sorry for just showing up. I didn't know if I'd really find you Danielle,"

"Well nobody calls me Danielle, it's Danny now,"

"Oh, Danny. I like that," He smiled.

Jayden started crying from his swing in my room. I walked in a picked the crying baby up. "Is  he your's ?" Damien asked.

"Nope. This little guy is Jayden. My friend Olivia's son, she's working so I watch him,"

"Good to know. I hoped you wouldn't make me a grandfather so young," He laughed lightly. I rolled my eyes. "You've grown up so much Danielle,"

"Yeah that tends to happen when you don't see someone for 16 years," I said stiffly.

"I know Danielle. I'm really sorry, just let me explain what really happened. Forget all the lies your mother told you. Let me tell you, please," He begged.

"Fine, go ahead," I sat on the couch and bounced Jayden.

"I wanted to be with you and your mother. I really did. She didn't want me, when we were teenagers we BOTH did drugs. She stopped for the time she was pregnant with you. You were her second baby. When she was 14 she got pregnant with a little boy... Her mom made her give it away. When you were 6 months old we got into a huge fight because she wouldn't stop doin drugs. I was gonna take you and raise you myself, she ran away." He paused and took in my expression. " She ran very far away. Everytime I tried to call you she changed the number, I sent you letters she sent them back,"

My tears were building up in my eyes. I just shook my head.

"She said I wouldn't take you away like her mom took her son away. That little boy was mine too... I got in contact with him, he is 21 ya know. She was scared, I know that. But I also knew she couldn't raise you right,"

Someone knocked on the door, I opened got up and got my dinner. I paid the delievery guy and sat down at the table. "You hungy?"

"Nah," He shook his head. He came sat down infront of me. "You want me to hold that little guy while you eat?"

I handed Jayden to Damien so I could eat. I ate in silience and kept glancing at him.

Damien stayed until 8 O'Clock before I told him it was time to leave. "Danny, I'm staying at a hotel not too far from here. If you want to talk to me or see me again call me anytime," He handed me  a piece of paper with his number and hotel room number on it.

"Thanks Damien," I hugged him goodbye and waved as he climed into his old pickup truck.

Wow. I can't belive this. My biological dad came here. To visit me? To see how much I've grown up? How can that man come to my house and just act like notthing ever happened? He had some nerve. He shows up 16 years later, after I DON'T need a dad anymore. I don't want a dad. I shook my head. How? Why now???