8 - Progression

Three years passed swiftly, and at fifteen, Katsuro found himself enrolled as a student at Signal Academy.

In the quiet of a restless night, after yet another of his haunting dreams, the three-tomoe Sharingan awakened in his eyes. His past regrets and the nightmares of a life left behind had unlocked the dormant power within him, casting a red glow over his vision as he awoke. The power felt familiar yet foreign, like an echo of who he once was.

His aura, too, had developed through relentless training, growing with his newfound life in Remnant. Katsuro had spent hours honing this strange energy until it became as natural to him as breathing, a skill few could match. It had taken dedication and sheer force of will, a testament to his inherited drive and Madara's unbreakable spirit.

Katsuro's talents had reached new heights, setting him far apart from his peers in ways that were both visible and hidden beneath the surface. 

Just like Sasuke.

Sarada too is exceptional among her peers, though she's more open than Katsuro, surrounded by friends while Katsuro ate alone.

And Katsuro—Madara—preferred it that way.

During lectures, he often found himself drifting away from the discussions, his mind occupied with thoughts of strength and the relentless pursuit of regaining the power he once wielded.

He was determined to reclaim the abilities that had defined his previous life and to carve out his own identity in this new world of Remnant.

When the moment finally came for students to design their own weapons, Katsuro felt a rush of excitement.

He envisioned the weapon that would become an extension of himself—the iconic Gunbai.

His heart raced as he meticulously crafted it, drawing on the memories of his past life. This weapon, with its sweeping curves and deadly versatility, felt right in his hands. Adding a firearm to it was out of the question; it didn't fit his fighting style, which was rooted in tradition and finesse.

As he worked on the Gunbai, he utilized every skill he had honed over the years.

The fan transformed under his careful hands, becoming a unique blend of artistry and functionality. He designed it not only as a weapon but as a symbol of his heritage—a reminder of the legacy he carried.

The Gunbai served multiple purposes; he could wield it as a shield to deflect attacks or swing it as a mace, its heavy wooden frame capable of delivering devastating blows.

Even the instructors, seasoned warriors in their own right, were intrigued by Katsuro's creation. They marveled at his craftsmanship, impressed by the fluidity with which he handled the weapon.

Word of his prowess spread through the academy, earning him respect and admiration from classmates and teachers alike.

However, when Sasuke caught sight of his son's Gunbai when Katsuro got home from school, his reaction was anything but what Katsuro expected.

For a fleeting moment, the weight of nostalgia hung in the air as he recognized the design. The war fan bore a striking resemblance to the Uchiha War Fan, a weapon famously wielded by his past incarnations—Madara and Obito.

It was a relic from a life filled with battles, power struggles, and the pursuit of peace, now reimagined in his son's hands.

Sasuke felt a mixture of surprise and concern wash over him.

In Remnant, a Gunbai was unknown, a weapon that had never existed in this world. How had Katsuro managed to replicate such a weapon? The implications swirled in his mind, raising questions about the extent of his son's connection to their shared legacy.